LSATMax App?

ljcooley

LSATMax App?

Postby ljcooley » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:21 pm

Has anyone used the LSATMax app to study for the LSAT, and if so, what did you think of it?

itachiuchiha

Re: LSATMax App?

Postby itachiuchiha » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:45 pm

ljcooley wrote:Has anyone used the LSATMax app to study for the LSAT, and if so, what did you think of it?

its funny how you user name has the word 'Cooley' in it. If you throw over $300 away for an app that nobody has ever heard of, you may end up going to Cooley. Stick to the MLSATs and the POWERSCORES

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:54 pm

Apps shouldn't be used to study. They can be used to supplement your study when studying isn't possible. Such as:

-You're bored at work. It wouldn't hurt to pull out your smart phone and do a few LR questions.
-You're standing in line at lunch.
-Basically anytime that you'd be playing DoodleJump or whatever. You can sub playing pointless games/browsing facebook with doing LR questions.

jared6180

Postby jared6180 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:59 pm

Saw that App a year ago I think. it was a free trial version that taught me nothing, but then again I paid nothing for it so I wasn't expecting a lot. Then they had one that was $599 if I am remembering correctly. $600 for an app of almost any kind without a hard copy backup and website is ridiculous. Now they have cut the price to $299-349. But they are charging $19.99 for the Oct 2004 LSAT? Seems like it's a rip off to me.

I am now doing BluePrint and they offer video service for the mobile devices if that is the main appeal for you.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:29 pm

I use the Watermelon LSAT app when I'm bored and don't have my study material with me. It's not a great app, but it's decent and really cheap. I could probably crank out 4 or 5 LRs when I'm waiting for lunch during work. It's probably not going to make a huge difference on my score, but it'll probably make more of a difference than playing Doodlejump or Candycrush.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:44 pm

For those considering the Watermelon Express LSAT app, it rebranded itself as BenchPrep.

From what I can tell, they essentially have you pay $150 to access the content from the McGraw-Hill book on a mobile device.

If that's the case, it'd be far more cost-effective for you to get the book (or ebook) versions, and whether this is worth it for you would depend upon how much you value having the content in "app" form.

The McGraw-Hill book is not one of the better LSAT books out there.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:00 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:For those considering the Watermelon Express LSAT app, it rebranded itself as BenchPrep.

From what I can tell, they essentially have you pay $150 to access the content from the McGraw-Hill book on a mobile device.

If that's the case, it'd be far more cost-effective for you to get the book (or ebook) versions, and whether this is worth it for you would depend upon how much you value having the content in "app" form.

The McGraw-Hill book is not one of the better LSAT books out there.

It's a good thing I downloaded it three years ago for $15. For me, it's only worth it for the LR questions. I'd never be in the situation in which I'll sit down and do a reading comp/LG on my phone (where would I write my work?).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”