Advice for LSAT Prep

Camgator1

Advice for LSAT Prep

Postby Camgator1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:42 pm

Hello everyone and thanks in advance,

I am beginning my prep for the October LSAT and I was wondering if it would be worth it for me to do the Princeton Review prep course? I have taken multiple PTs and have averaged around a 160-162. Should I just buy a bunch of PTs and review books and self study?

Thanks again everyone

leighleigh

Re: Advice for LSAT Prep

Postby leighleigh » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:55 pm

I recommend using the search feature of the website. These questions (and many others) have been asked no less than 100 times.

In addition, here is a group for the October 2013 LSAT: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=203636

Brixton

Postby Brixton » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:18 am

Camgator1 wrote:Hello everyone and thanks in advance,

I am beginning my prep for the October LSAT and I was wondering if it would be worth it for me to do the Princeton Review prep course? I have taken multiple PTs and have averaged around a 160-162. Should I just buy a bunch of PTs and review books and self study?

Thanks again everyone

You're already up to the 160 range so I doubt that you would glean anything new from a Princeton Review course. Go to this thread http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=200917 and look at some of the test prep regimes that others have used and found useful. Get Manhattan Guides and as many practice tests as possible and drill the heck out of them. Really though, you don't need the prep course.

rulesnwitz

Postby rulesnwitz » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:33 am

So i studied for two weeks I read the main 3 books then a study book and took three practice tests don't add up your god damn score to these either just find out what you did wrong and move on also make sure that if you had got something right you know why it was right. on the last day of preparation i watched a movie went out had sushi got some much needed sleep took the test scored a 178.

Postby 052220151 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:04 am

If you are in the 160s, a course really isn't going to help you. If I were you, I'd buy the Manhattan bundle ($75ish total) and read through them. I'd also buy a bunch of the Cambridge bundles(depends on how many you buy, but they are still cheaper than prep courses), and buy a ton (30+) of PTs, focusing on the most recent ones. Then do this:

1) Read the Manhattan books

2) Take a couple PTs and plug your answers into LSATQA.com.

3) Drill what your weaknesses are per LSATQA.com.

4) Drill LG over and over again until you are consistenly -0.

5) Around June, start ramping up the PTs, no more than two a week though.

6) Review the shit out of your PTs.

7) Drill some more.

8) Take PTs and Review them. Also plug them all into LSATQA.com, so you see your weaknesses.

9) Take LSAT in October and score 170+.

10) Get big scholarship to T14.

11) Go to big lawl.

12) Models and bottles.

Camgator1

Postby Camgator1 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:50 am

Thanks guys, I'm pretty good at LG and my RC is improving. I really need to amp up my prep for LR. Any specific advice there?

Brixton

Postby Brixton » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:55 am

Camgator1 wrote:Thanks guys, I'm pretty good at LG and my RC is improving. I really need to amp up my prep for LR. Any specific advice there?

Drill the hell out of them. Get them sorted by type then drill practice tests 1 - 40 (at least) and make sure you've just got them down solid. Cambridge LSAT has packets you can purchase which sorts them by type. This is a nice way to drill them so you know which ones are giving you the most grief. If you already have the practice tests, you don't need to purchase the pre-sorted packets and instead you can sort them yourself using Cambridge LSAT's website.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”