Should i buy PowerScore Bibles Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
NanaP

Bronze

Should i buy PowerScore Bibles

Post by NanaP » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:47 am

I am abut to finish the manhattan LSATS. Should I purchase the PowerScore as well? I'm worried that what I learned from manhattan will be significantly different than what the PowerScore teaches and will cause more confusion. Has anyone studied both books? Do you recommend it? Or should I just stick with manhattan and take lots of PT's?.

mlansky

New

Re: Should i buy PowerScore Bibles

Post by mlansky » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:57 pm

What are your scores like? How many do you usually miss per section?

totoro

Bronze

Post by totoro » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:00 pm

Just buy them. At the very least LRB and LGB. They are different, that's why it's valuable to use both. You won't get confused because Manhattan gives you more strategy whereas PowerScore gives you a bunch of information.

NanaP

Bronze

Post by NanaP » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:23 pm

mlansky wrote:What are your scores like? How many do you usually miss per section?

I've actually only taken one test in the beginning to see where I was and how much srudying i needed.......scored in the mid 140's...but since doing manhattan, each section of the LR I usually miss about 4 out of 15...so I believe I've improved, I won't know until I take another test sometime this week to gauge...as far as the LG I could def use more practice, would the Powerscore LG give me more practice?? And do you recommend I buy both?
Last edited by NanaP on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NanaP

Bronze

Post by NanaP » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:24 pm

totoro wrote:Just buy them. At the very least LRB and LGB. They are different, that's why it's valuable to use both. You won't get confused because Manhattan gives you more strategy whereas PowerScore gives you a bunch of information.

Ok thanks.....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:54 pm

NanaP wrote:
mlansky wrote:What are your scores like? How many do you usually miss per section?

I've actually only taken one test in the beginning to see where I was and how much srudying i needed.......scored in the mid 140's...but since doing manhattan, each section of the LR I usually miss about 4 out of 15...so I believe I've improved, I won't know until I take another test sometime this week to gauge...as far as the LG I could def use more practice, would the Powerscore LG give me more practice?? And do you recommend I buy both?
You're not taking in June, are you? If you are, you really need to start doing weekly practice tests.

NanaP

Bronze

Post by NanaP » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:57 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:
NanaP wrote:

You're not taking in June, are you? If you are, you really need to start doing weekly practice tests.

I plan on taking it in June. I have ten PT that I will be taking. I plan on doing about two or three a week, starting this week. I'll probably get another ten PT and do the same....I should have atleast 15 PT's under my belt before the test.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:00 pm

postpone June, buy the powerscore trilogy get more practice tests and use this site to help you formulae a study plan. If you cant finish a section (you are only doing 15 LR questions) you should NOT be taking the test as you are not ready.

NanaP

Bronze

Post by NanaP » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:11 pm

northwood wrote:postpone June, buy the powerscore trilogy get more practice tests and use this site to help you formulae a study plan. If you cant finish a section (you are only doing 15 LR questions) you should NOT be taking the test as you are not ready.

I haven't signed up for the test yet, I am still considering waiting until October to take it, depending on how I do the the PT's.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gamine

New

Post by Gamine » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:12 am

I would postpone and take it in October if I were you. This way, you'll have more time to really prepare (provided you use that time wisely). I suggest lots and lots of drilling before doing PTs back to back. I would recommend getting LRB and LGB. I have the RC bible and I didn't find it nearly as useful as Manhattan's RC guide so I personally wouldn't recommend the former.

objection_your_honor

Silver

Post by objection_your_honor » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:37 pm

Another vote for October. Did you get that score after doing the Manhattan books?

LRB and LGB are definitely worth reading. You can always read through Manhattan again, as I think their approach is more practical whereas Powerscore provides a strong theoretical base.

Definitely plan on taking more than 10 PTs. Don't sell yourself short! Good luck.

NanaP

Bronze

Post by NanaP » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:43 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:Another vote for October. Did you get that score after doing the Manhattan books?

LRB and LGB are definitely worth reading. You can always read through Manhattan again, as I think their approach is more practical whereas Powerscore provides a strong theoretical base.

Definitely plan on taking more than 10 PTs. Don't sell yourself short! Good luck.

No, that was Pre-Manhattan, I've been studying for 2 months so far, I haven't taken another practice test yet, I should be done with all Manhattan by Wednesday, then i'll take a practice test. If I do well, I will probably sign up for the test, but I will do as many PT's as I can.

NanaP

Bronze

Post by NanaP » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:45 pm

Since we are on the topic, what score should I shoot for with stats below.

URM, 3.0ish GPA
MBA - Finance
4yrs of Work experience

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

KremeCheez

Bronze

Post by KremeCheez » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:50 pm

NanaP wrote:Since we are on the topic, what score should I shoot for with stats below.

URM, 3.0ish GPA
MBA - Finance
4yrs of Work experience
Always shoot for 180.

tuffyjohnson

Bronze

Post by tuffyjohnson » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:16 pm

Also consider the Blueprint book for LG and the Velocity online stuff. Many people on these boards have them rated higher than Powerscore.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:29 am

tuffyjohnson wrote:Also consider the Blueprint book for LG ...
And if you do, make sure to use the code ABOUT10 at checkout for an extra $10 off!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”