Does you ever wake up and feel you forgot everything?

Typhoon24

Does you ever wake up and feel you forgot everything?

Postby Typhoon24 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:12 pm

Lol it's kind of an exaggeration, but it persists: I consider myself one of the many drones toiling away in my room studying each day or every other day for hours for the LSAT coming this June. I literally have dreams that involve inference/assumption questions and I probably mutter the words "unwarranted" and "sample size too small" in my sleep.

When I do wake up from this sleep, my mind feels so blank sometimes that it seems that I forgot ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING I have ever worked on learning. My PT scores so have been consistent and slowly upward rising, and whenever I do practice problems, everything seems all right, but I constantly underestimate my abilities. I think this is all because LSAT logic is so varied and that the only section one can ever feel good about all the time is LG (that is, until you get a zephyr airlines or stained glass).

Tl;dr: I feel I know what I am doing, I just never feel prepared/confident to knock the next PT or actual test out of the park. This might come with more time and PTs.

BTW, even though I made it sound like this test made me lose my mind, I am certainly not "burning myself out". I study >6 hours combined every two days and take lots of breaks. It just occupies a lot of my mind.

John_rizzy_rawls

Re: Does you ever wake up and feel you forgot everything?

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:20 pm

You're burned out. Take a week off.

Typhoon24

Postby Typhoon24 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:28 pm

thanks, john. I'm not asking for a solution though, I just wanna see if anyone else is/was ever on the same boat. I got a serious project I have to do and will end up taking a week off whether I like it or not lol.

bizzybone1313

Postby bizzybone1313 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:58 pm

This happens to me as well. After I get back on track, I feel rusty for a little bit, and the wheels start turning again. It is very difficult to just continuously keep studying for the LSAT non-stop, so I think most of us can't get around this problem. I have never been a crammer. I can't just study 60 days straight x 6 hours a day for the LSAT and then take it.

tuffyjohnson

Postby tuffyjohnson » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:20 pm

You are going to have bad days. I also dream about Logic Games. It's weird. Sometimes I will even concentrate on an inference while sleeping.

Skill Game

Postby Skill Game » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:50 am

tuffyjohnson wrote:You are going to have bad days. I also dream about Logic Games. It's weird. Sometimes I will even concentrate on an inference while sleeping.

I had very similar experiences when I first started doing intensive studying every day. And eventually you start having normal dreams again, but from time to time I still have these bizarre LSAT dreams, which are usually a combination of real questions/answers and imaginary ones.

guano

Postby guano » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:07 am

The Alzheimer's is strong in this one

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”