Old v. New PTs - LR

okaygo

Old v. New PTs - LR

Postby okaygo » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:36 pm

With less than months left until the LSAT I really need to drop the amount of questions I get wrong on LR. I've only taken two PTs, one from 1999 and I'm PTing at 155. Most of this is due to going minus 10 on both LR sections. Could this be because I am taking older PTs, but studying methods from Manhattan LSAT to tackle the newer questions?

Am I running out of time to improve?

gaud

Re: Old v. New PTs - LR

Postby gaud » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:42 pm

Manhattan's strategy should work on any LSAT, new or old.

Write out explanations for each problem you miss. Explain to yourself why each choice is either wrong or right. Also, write out what caused you to miss the question? (were you confused? reading too quickly? etc.)

This should help increase your understanding.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:07 am

Why have you only taken 2 PT's!? Thats the whole key to picking up points, experience.

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:28 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Why have you only taken 2 PT's!? Thats the whole key to picking up points, experience.

I know. You're right. Between work, school, and org campus things I got behind. But I have time again.

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:49 am

gaud wrote:Manhattan's strategy should work on any LSAT, new or old.

Write out explanations for each problem you miss. Explain to yourself why each choice is either wrong or right. Also, write out what caused you to miss the question? (were you confused? reading too quickly? etc.)

I can definitely try this. Potentially using the 7sage method?

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:55 am

okaygo wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:Why have you only taken 2 PT's!? Thats the whole key to picking up points, experience.

I know. You're right. Between work, school, and org campus things I got behind. But I have time again.

It would take a miracle to maximize your gains that quickly. Seriously consider delaying till Oct, your app would still be in early enough. Where are you PTing and whats your goal?

gaud

Postby gaud » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:01 am

okaygo wrote:
gaud wrote:Manhattan's strategy should work on any LSAT, new or old.

I can definitely try this. Potentially using the 7sage method?

You could try it using any method

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:11 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
okaygo wrote:

It would take a miracle to maximize your gains that quickly. Seriously consider delaying till Oct, your app would still be in early enough. Where are you PTing and whats your goal?

I'm not really against delaying until October. My last PT was 155 and I'm trying to break into the consistent 162s and up.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:45 am

okaygo wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:
okaygo wrote:

I'm not really against delaying until October. My last PT was 155 and I'm trying to break into the consistent 162s and up.

It's good you have an open mind to the idea, the benefits might outweigh the cost. Oct is still plenty early for apps, even if its 2 points, it's worth it, although with the additional time you could see much bigger gains with the time. Get to work! Best of luck!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”