Has LSAC made R.C. that much more difficult?

crestor

Has LSAC made R.C. that much more difficult?

Postby crestor » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:52 am

I have been drilling RC 7-18 and have been getting -1 to -4 a section. However, these numbers double and so forth when it comes to doing sections from the newer test in the 4th passage of a RC section after 2005ish..

I understand LSAC has their own agenda and realize that prep courses can significantly alter someone's LG score as this is technically the "most learnable section" according to many here. However, is the common consensus that RC is significantly harder?

Thanks

CyanIdes Of March

Re: Has LSAC made R.C. that much more difficult?

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:03 am

Most think it is a bit harder (myself included) during the more recent test. However, my LSAT the RC was significantly easier than most I had practiced on so... who the hell knows.

delusional

Postby delusional » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:11 am

I think it may actually be possible to find this data on LSAC's website in the research data and archived data sections.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:31 pm

Personally, I find the newer RC "different", not harder. Once you adjust, the difficulty is about the same (I would even argue easier, as the answers are closer to LR in the way that the wrong answers are wrong for very specific reasons/words).

mephistopheles

Postby mephistopheles » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:32 pm

RC is most learnable? please, that's logic games.

how can studying for RC could help all that much? it's basically asking if you can read

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:15 pm

bp shinners wrote:Personally, I find the newer RC "different", not harder. Once you adjust, the difficulty is about the same (I would even argue easier, as the answers are closer to LR in the way that the wrong answers are wrong for very specific reasons/words).

I agree. I can't remember who told me this, but one way to tackle RC is to imagine they wrote 5 right answers, and then changed four of them in varying degrees of subtlety to make them incorrect. Find the ways they did that, and you're good.

jselson

Postby jselson » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:59 pm

Over just the last two years, I feel like they've gotten harder, especially because they seem to have removed passages about a literary author/text. That means that the inference questions have become more technical and less based on discerning an author's tastes. I know that I'd usually ace or go -1 on RC with time to spare until I took the most recent tests, when I began to go -2 to -4 and usually not finish.

Postby 03152016 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:49 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”