kaplan lsat PT event

jmjm

kaplan lsat PT event

Postby jmjm » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:57 pm

Does kaplan use "real" previous test or fake test for the practice event?
There is an event coming up in my area and wonder if it is worthwhile.
I called 1800 kaptest and they were not sure about the questions being real or fake.

Edit: only referring to free practice test events here and not the lsat course
Last edited by jmjm on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

itachiuchiha

Re: kaplan lsat PT event

Postby itachiuchiha » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:58 pm

jmjm wrote:Does kaplan use "real" previous test or fake test for the practice event?
I called 1800 kaptest and they were not sure about the questions being real or fake.

real

patfeeney

Postby patfeeney » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:47 pm

jmjm wrote:Does kaplan use "real" previous test or fake test for the practice event?

Real, and normally recent. I took one in February and they used PT 55 with an older experimental section.

DavidHasselhoff

Postby DavidHasselhoff » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:22 am

They are real - But do not sign up for Kaplan. You will spen $1-2K and get almost the same score on the real LSAT as you do during your diagnosis. Kaplan is a waste of time and money. Don't believe me? No worries, I'll look forward to your post in about 3 mos asking for advice on a retake.

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:20 am

I think OP is asking about the free proctored tests, which are definitely worthwhile. The only cost is having to sit through the pitch for their class, which I agree with DH is not a good choice.

Lots of companies offer the free proctored exams. Manhattan is offering a few in my area within the coming months before the June administration. I'm going to two of them, just to get a feel for taking the test in a room with other students. OP if you're just looking for a baseline diagnostic or to get a feel for what actual testing conditions are like then do it'; if you're looking for a class then I'd say look elsewhere.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:28 am

DavidHasselhoff wrote:They are real - But do not sign up for Kaplan. You will spen $1-2K and get almost the same score on the real LSAT as you do during your diagnosis. Kaplan is a waste of time and money. Don't believe me? No worries, I'll look forward to your post in about 3 mos asking for advice on a retake.

I'm no Kaplan fan myself, but this might be taking it too far, it always depends on the teacher, plenty of students see their scores rise.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”