Best Online RC Course?

TheMostDangerousLG

Best Online RC Course?

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:32 pm

I'm interested in taking an online RC course. I've read Manhattan RC, done a ton of RC sections (and will continue to), but am still not consistently doing well in RC (can go anywhere from -0 to -6). So. Hoping an online course can help me out. I'm not interested in paying for a full online prep course, so I'm looking to see if anyone recommends any of the single section courses available online.

The only ones I know of so far are 7Sage and Velocity. Does anyone recommend the RC material from either of these courses, or know of any other online RC course they'd recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Re: Best Online RC Course?

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:02 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:I'm interested in taking an online RC course. I've read Manhattan RC, done a ton of RC sections (and will continue to), but am still not consistently doing well in RC (can go anywhere from -0 to -6). So. Hoping an online course can help me out. I'm not interested in paying for a full online prep course, so I'm looking to see if anyone recommends any of the single section courses available online.

The only ones I know of so far are 7Sage and Velocity. Does anyone recommend the RC material from either of these courses, or know of any other online RC course they'd recommend?

Thanks in advance.

I imagine the ones you're looking at are good, and maybe you'd benefit from hearing their different perspective on RC, but in case you want to stick with our approach, we now have an RC-only self-study program with interactive videos. Scroll to the bottom of this pagefor details (and you can do a trial). Good luck!

kaseyb002

Re: Best Online RC Course?

Postby kaseyb002 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:15 am

I took Velocity. I wasn't a big fan of RC. I have heard other people on this forum who say they really liked it though.

Personally, I just can't deal with all the notations. For me, in RC the only marking I do, if any, is underlining the main point of the passage if it jumps out at me. I always did worse when I tried to incorporate strategies; it distracted me from actually comprehending what I was reading. When I did the strategies I usually hovered around -5, when I didn't I hovered around -2. On the October 2012 LSAT I got a -3 on RC (!Kung).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”