Need 6 month Study Plan for the LSAT while working full time

rahimlakha

Need 6 month Study Plan for the LSAT while working full time

Postby rahimlakha » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:07 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help give me advice on studying for the LSAT while working full time? I'm a Consultant and I'm usually working from 8 to 6. I'm looking to put in 14 to 20 hours a week. Anyone have advice?

LSAT Blog

Re: Need 6 month Study Plan for the LSAT while working full time

Postby LSAT Blog » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:23 pm

I wrote an article for TLS about how to balance your LSAT prep with work and school. I hope it helps!

I also have a variety of study plans on my site.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:36 pm

I am in a similar position, but nearing the end of my prep (taking June).

Weekends are absolutely key. I usually do 1 PT on weekends and try to find time in the evening of the weekday for a 4 section PT. Would recommend putting in ~3 hours 2 or 3 days a week (6-9 hours) during the weekday. 6 hours one day on a weekend and like 4 the other day. Maybe more as you get into prime study period (2-3 months before LSAT).

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Definitely read Steve's (LSAT Blog's) article. Check out his plans too; they are really good. I work full time as well (and in school), and often must "take my work home" with me so to speak, which I can imagine as a consultant you may end up doing too. If you are in that situation then it is imperative to establish priorities.

I have a pretty firm "LSAT is Priority" rule. If it's an hour before bed and I have a section to drill/review, some forms to submit online, a couple chapters to read, and dirty dishes then it can become really easy to push LSAT study to the back and then end up not doing it. In this situation, or others when there are competing priorities, I've made up my mind to always choose the LSAT first.

I've found doing so to be necessary for a few reasons. First, the LSAT is the easiest thing to rationalize away if it's past 1:00am and I'm sleepy. Second, even if I have the stamina to accomplish everything else first, the time I spend with the LSAT after doing so will not be very efficient because I'm pretty tired mentally and physically. I've made exceptions to this rule a few times, a couple of times to write essays and once before an audit at work. Other than that though it is LSAT first, no matter what.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”