LSAT and Social Life

User avatar
Malakai
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 11:18 pm

LSAT and Social Life

Postby Malakai » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:10 am

How to make the two not seem to be so mutually exclusive?

I used to be cool (I think), but now i'm not meeting any new potential/friends/friends with benefits/girlfriends/wives/future widows and some of us surely know and can understand that the LSAT world can get pretty lonely in regards to social life.

So what can I do to remedy this WHILE studying and WITHOUT taking substantial time away from studying? I'm open to ideas. I also think an LSAT prep chatroom would be sick. I mean, it doesn't even have to be audio or video (I mean, we can't/don't want to have any risky chatroullette types now do we?)

Sorry for the rant - if you don't understand the purpose then refer back to paragraph 2

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby togepi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:14 am

Devote all your time to the LSAT, get into a T-14 with $$, land an awesome job, make new friends, attract prospective female, get her pregnant, start a family, work for 40 years, die.

User avatar
Malakai
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby Malakai » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:19 am

togepi wrote:Devote all your time to the LSAT, get into a T-14 with $$, land an awesome job, make new friends, attract prospective female, get her pregnant, start a family, work for 40 years, die.


LOL well damn, are prospective females that unlikely at this point of my life if i'm T14 or bust? I'm just going to use my prep material + books to construct a collage of an ideal female. Seems like i'll have better chances with the collage than present-day IRL

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby togepi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:23 am

Malakai wrote:
togepi wrote:Devote all your time to the LSAT, get into a T-14 with $$, land an awesome job, make new friends, attract prospective female, get her pregnant, start a family, work for 40 years, die.


LOL well damn, are prospective females that unlikely at this point of my life if i'm T14 or bust? I'm just going to use my prep material + books to construct a collage of an ideal female. Seems like i'll have better chances with the collage than present-day IRL


I was just messing around. I studied hardcore for about a year while working full-time and you just have to make sacrifices. I cut down my drinking habits from three nights a week to just Fridays. That way, Saturday was a free day to be hungover and hate myself and Sunday was PT and review day. I also studied either before or after work (maybe two sections or so depending on how I felt). Just understand how important the LSAT is, and that you're going to have to be a recluse for a set amount of time. Your friends will understand, well at least mine did.

User avatar
Malakai
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby Malakai » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:30 am

togepi wrote:
Malakai wrote:
togepi wrote:Devote all your time to the LSAT, get into a T-14 with $$, land an awesome job, make new friends, attract prospective female, get her pregnant, start a family, work for 40 years, die.

I was just messing around.


I know - I was just adding onto your humor :P

Yeah my friends definitely understand, but you're right; I'm surprised I didn't pick up on the simplicity of it either, basically that a temporary lack of prospects can also be categorized under that general category of "Sacrifices".

Honestly, I think i'm unintentionally pulling a Tucker Max in that regard and thinking too much with my "Id" instead of my "head".

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby togepi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:33 am

Malakai wrote:
togepi wrote:
Malakai wrote:
togepi wrote:Devote all your time to the LSAT, get into a T-14 with $$, land an awesome job, make new friends, attract prospective female, get her pregnant, start a family, work for 40 years, die.

I was just messing around.


I know - I was just adding onto your humor :P

Yeah my friends definitely understand, but you're right; I'm surprised I didn't pick up on the simplicity of it either, basically that a temporary lack of prospects can also be categorized under that general category of "Sacrifices".

Honestly, I think i'm unintentionally pulling a Tucker Max in that regard and thinking too much with my "Id" instead of my "head".


Glad you're back on track. You'll be much more of a dick friend when all you do is complain about being jobless with a J.D. from a shiTTT law school :)

User avatar
Typhoon24
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby Typhoon24 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:44 am

Devote all your time to kicking the LSAT's ass. Unless youre married or have a kickass gf, do not get entangled with any women, for it will only waste your and their time. In my case, it seemed that girls wanted to date me AFTER I decided to devote 6 months of my life to the LSAT. All the late night texts and fb messages saying "Miss youuuu" and "you never talk/hang out with me any more" only serve to get on your nerves. Social lifes--particularly when dealing with young females, requires giving out a lot of attention, and most of the time you won't be able to give sufficient attention to both the LSAT and your social life.

User avatar
mindarmed
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby mindarmed » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:48 am

Sleep, study, social. Pick two. Seriously, if you want to get a 170+ on the LSAT and not be debt pwned, you need to eat, sleep and breathe LSAT. When I was studying, the LSAT is top priority. When I woke up I thought, what studying for it am I doing today.

User avatar
jcccc
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:42 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby jcccc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:58 pm

Just think about the results when you get a high LSAT score and subsequently attend a prestigious Law School. The amount of small sacrificing you do now will be ridiculously outweighed by the future benefits. At least that's my mindset. You can enjoy all the beautiful/trophy women and luxurious life later, but to get there, you need that 180 first.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby Dr. Dre » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:05 pm

The women you will get pre-LSAT score 170+ are not even worth wasting your time


Post LSAT 170+ score will get you women you wouldn't have otherwise gotten


EDIT: Also don't jack off because that will decrease your strength (both mental & physical)
Last edited by Dr. Dre on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:The women you will get pre-LSAT score 170+ are not even worth wasting your time


Post LSAT 170+ will get you women you wouldn't have otherwise gotten


LOL

This is like the best post ever.
Last edited by ManoftheHour on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mindarmed
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby mindarmed » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:The women you will get pre-LSAT score 170+ are not even worth wasting your time


Post LSAT 170+ will get you women you wouldn't have otherwise gotten


OP, this is a super credited way to pick up women

bananapeanutbutter
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby bananapeanutbutter » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:08 pm

jcccc wrote:Just think about the results when you get a high LSAT score and subsequently attend a prestigious Law School. The amount of small sacrificing you do now will be ridiculously outweighed by the future benefits. At least that's my mindset. You can enjoy all the beautiful/trophy women and luxurious life later, but to get there, you need that 180 first.

having gone through the process, this is why you'll be successful. the ability to delay gratification is what separates social climbers from social sliders.

bananapeanutbutter
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby bananapeanutbutter » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:08 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:The women you will get pre-LSAT score 170+ are not even worth wasting your time


Post LSAT 170+ score will get you women you wouldn't have otherwise gotten


Also don't jack off because that will decrease your strength (both mental & physical)

in real life, the experience is normally the opposite. at least till the $ pours in.

User avatar
bizzybone1313
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby bizzybone1313 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:11 pm

bananapeanutbutter wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:The women you will get pre-LSAT score 170+ are not even worth wasting your time


Post LSAT 170+ score will get you women you wouldn't have otherwise gotten


Also don't jack off because that will decrease your strength (both mental & physical)

in real life, the experience is normally the opposite. at least till the $ pours in.


Just think-- if you were to score 170+, you could use that as a pick up line on women: I am in the top 3% of all people in the world. I am sure they would love it.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby Dr. Dre » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:14 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:
bananapeanutbutter wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:The women you will get pre-LSAT score 170+ are not even worth wasting your time


Post LSAT 170+ score will get you women you wouldn't have otherwise gotten


Also don't jack off because that will decrease your strength (both mental & physical)

in real life, the experience is normally the opposite. at least till the $ pours in.


Just think-- if you were to score 170+, you could use that as a pick up line on women: I am in the top 3% of all people in the world. I am sure they would love it.



women love men that will provide them with fiscal security and will buy them crap at Tiffany's

ElectricSheep
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:25 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby ElectricSheep » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:37 pm

I'm currently giving up social life for the LSAT.

I mean something that determines the rest of your life (not to be exaggerated but you get the point) should be taken seriously.

I know it'll be worth at the end. I'm not going to half-ass it and then later on regret that I didn't study hard enough. At least when I do the LSAT, I know that I tried my very best/

bananapeanutbutter
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby bananapeanutbutter » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:03 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:
bananapeanutbutter wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:The women you will get pre-LSAT score 170+ are not even worth wasting your time


Post LSAT 170+ score will get you women you wouldn't have otherwise gotten


Also don't jack off because that will decrease your strength (both mental & physical)

in real life, the experience is normally the opposite. at least till the $ pours in.


Just think-- if you were to score 170+, you could use that as a pick up line on women: I am in the top 3% of all people in the world. I am sure they would love it.

eh, women don't actually like smart men. they say they do because when they're girls their parents tell them to bring smart guys home, but it seems odd that when women are letting you get it in they suddenly think you're smart and when they don't you are not smart. i think they have the feeling, and then justify it by attributing other qualities to you.

women also don't care where you go to law school. they care about how much $ you're making.

true story: before i took the LSAT or knew crap my friend was dating 2 guys and wanted to commit to 1 of them. she was cute, reasonably smart. 1 was starting school at a top 5 law school. 1 was gonna be a 3L at a third tier school. She chose the second one with the tie breaker being he was going to be closer to being a lawyer, and could give her the lawyer's wife life. I didn't know there was a big difference then. A girl I was dating's mom told me if I was serious about applying to law school I had to get a 160 and probably wouldn't because her son was a genius and couldn't.

my point is other people aren't going to care. it's a means to the end. that's it.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby Dr. Dre » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:35 pm

bananapeanutbutter wrote:
my point is other people aren't going to care. it's a means to the end. that's it.


JD from UCI = no women will want you

JD from TTT = you'll get women who are just hot, but that's it

JD from TT = you'll get women who are good-looking and actually are able to carry a conversation with you

JD from T14= you'll get good-looking women who have careers, goals, and are nice (they don't just want you for your $)

JD from T3= you can get a range of women; from model-type attractive to semi-attractive but whose daddy is $$$; or you could be banging someone that looks like Hilary/Michelle OR marrying a 23 year old when you're 50. The options are limitless here.

bananapeanutbutter
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby bananapeanutbutter » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
bananapeanutbutter wrote:
my point is other people aren't going to care. it's a means to the end. that's it.


JD from UCI = no women will want you

JD from TTT = you'll get women who are just hot, but that's it

JD from TT = you'll get women who are good-looking and actually are able to carry a conversation with you

JD from T14= you'll get good-looking women who have careers, goals, and are nice (they don't just want you for your $)

JD from T3= you can get a range of women; from model-type attractive to semi-attractive but whose daddy is $$$; or you could be banging someone that looks like Hilary/Michelle OR marrying a 23 year old when you're 50. The options are limitless here.

that isn't reality.

reality is you will get the same women wherever, except maybe Harvard and Yale in the short term.

long term is if you get big law you'll get hot women, and if shit law or no job you'll get none.

i also doubt women will only marry someone for their $ without it being obvious. money is just a way to get noticed, but as superficial and insensitive as i am personally i could care less about being noticed or women liking me for $. i just want to be able to take care of the people i love, including a woman. it's not to get the women. there are much cooler professions to get women.

User avatar
bizzybone1313
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby bizzybone1313 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:43 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
bananapeanutbutter wrote:
my point is other people aren't going to care. it's a means to the end. that's it.


JD from UCI = no women will want you

JD from TTT = you'll get women who are just hot, but that's it

JD from TT = you'll get women who are good-looking and actually are able to carry a conversation with you

JD from T14= you'll get good-looking women who have careers, goals, and are nice (they don't just want you for your $)

JD from T3= you can get a range of women; from model-type attractive to semi-attractive but whose daddy is $$$; or you could be banging someone that looks like Hilary/Michelle OR marrying a 23 year old when you're 50. The options are limitless here.


I agree with this ranking. I keep meeting women that have kids, are not ambitious or only semi-attractive. It is tough to meet the total package. I was a dating a Flipina girl that has her act together and is pretty, but she has a little cub from another dude. That is a no go. She is pretty banging too and has a career, but I don't take care of other dude's kids. A lot of women don't realize how much their value goes down by conceiving kids from other dude(s).

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby Dr. Dre » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:47 pm

bananapeanutbutter wrote:there are much cooler professions to get women.


true.

but I'm not saying one should go to T14 primarily to get BETTER women. All I am saying it's a really good by-product to have.

bananapeanutbutter
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby bananapeanutbutter » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:14 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
bananapeanutbutter wrote:there are much cooler professions to get women.


true.

but I'm not saying one should go to T14 primarily to get BETTER women. All I am saying it's a really good by-product to have.

Dude that isn't going to happen. The women will probably be more normal than women at TTTT's because they won't inherently be out of touch with reality. However, if you want women hour for hour your time is much better served at the gym. Nobody will care about your LSAT score who isn't taking the LSAT, and most people taking the LSAT don't take it seriously enough to care or will say it's a dumb test and therefore not find it impressive. This is just fact. Also, people who talk about their scores are insecure dicks.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby Dr. Dre » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 pm

bananapeanutbutter wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
bananapeanutbutter wrote:there are much cooler professions to get women.


true.

but I'm not saying one should go to T14 primarily to get BETTER women. All I am saying it's a really good by-product to have.

Dude that isn't going to happen. The women will probably be more normal than women at TTTT's because they won't inherently be out of touch with reality. However, if you want women hour for hour your time is much better served at the gym. Nobody will care about your LSAT score who isn't taking the LSAT, and most people taking the LSAT don't take it seriously enough to care or will say it's a dumb test and therefore not find it impressive. This is just fact. Also, people who talk about their scores are insecure dicks.



170+ LSAT SCORE —> BETTEr law school —> more $ (or some loan forgiveness job; or a job where you meet elites; or a job ppl are just impressed with)


crap LSAT score —> you're not a lawyer

bananapeanutbutter
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: LSAT and Social Life

Postby bananapeanutbutter » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:34 pm

Oh you're speaking about long term or right after the LSAT score?

If your point is higher LSAT -> higher at odds at high paying job, therefore higher odds with hotter women, we're on the same page.

If you're saying higher LSAT -> higher women because of the LSAT or law school ranking then we're not.

You need to think about it from the perspective of people who don't know the legal economy or assume all law schools are the same (read lawyers don't get jobs at Thomas Jefferson, therefore lawyers don't get jobs at Stanford type logic). This is most of the country.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, Evelyn2016 and 4 guests