VegasLaw702

Postby VegasLaw702 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Last edited by VegasLaw702 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

mindarmed

Re: Anyone feel like LG and LR strategies are counterproductive?

Postby mindarmed » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:57 pm

VegasLaw702 wrote:So I've been consistently nailing LG and LR with either -0, -1. For what its worth, I'm being held back from the high 170s by RC (-6 and even sometimes -8). But when I go back and look at the answer, I would have got it right if I had SLOWED DOWN! I feel like my natural style of reading is counterproductive to the skills needed to master RC. My natural tendency is to read fast and skim, which is what I feel is crushing me when it comes to RC. Other than the obvious: slow the fuck down, is there a consensus on which book/system works the best? I ordered the Manhattan RC book, but the size of it leaves me wondering if there is really anything in it that will help me out. Thoughts?

you hit the nail on the head. the key to RC is to read slowly, you have MORE than enough time to answer the questions once you really digest what you're reading. fast reading haunted me for the longest time, and i'd miss very small important details on RC

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:57 pm

The Manhattan book is worth the read; don't be fooled by the size.

Brixton

Postby Brixton » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:12 pm

Pneumonia wrote:The Manhattan book is worth the read; don't be fooled by the size.

Exactly! It's not the size of the LSAT book, but how you use it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”