Vacation 7 weeks before LSAT

wtrc

Vacation 7 weeks before LSAT

Postby wtrc » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi all: for people that have also taken the LSAT out there, what do you suggest here-

I've been studying for the June 10th LSAT for some time now. I've reached my goal on PT's and am confident with where I am now (173-176 range). The problems I miss are careless errors (or an occasional tough strengthen Q) on LR and some tough ones on RC, so little fundamental material left to learn. I also work full-time.

I'm going away this coming Saturday for a week to Europe to see a friend- haven't taken a vacation in way too long. I'll have some time while there to study, but probably not much. I'm considering just taking a week break, but keep going back and forth as to whether or not that is a bad idea and if I should bring material to study on the plane and in Europe. Pretty much I'd be missing two weekends of study, which is a big deal when I work most weekdays.

Wondering if anyone has experience with this. I figure if I take a week off I may see a slight drop, but it will also be good and reduce the risk of May/early June burnout. I also have a decent amount of time (a few weeks) to refresh my memory on everything and take more PT's.

On the other hand... I know if my LG times or RC accuracy suffers because of this I won't forgive myself. So... advice? Thanks!

NoodleyOne

Re: Vacation 7 weeks before LSAT

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:23 pm

I took about a week off before I took it in October.

It ruined me.

Postby 062914123 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:45 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NDJ

Re: Vacation 7 weeks before LSAT

Postby NDJ » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:02 pm

bee wrote:JFC, OP. Take the vacation, relax, and come back ready to kill. If you absolutely must, bring some shit to study, but honestly...enjoy yourself and unwind. Sidenote: depending on where you go Europe is depressing as balls before spring hits.

ya - 7 weeks will still be plenty of time. the more you plan your life around the LSAT leading up to it the more pressure you'll feel on the test day which will have a negative effect - trust me on this. just bring some stuff to look over, you can spend 5/10 minutes each morning looking over mistakes from older preptests, but definitely time off is very valuable sometimes too.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”