Will answer any question (ask me any question from the LSAT

Clearly

Re: Will answer any question (ask me any question from the LSAT

Postby Clearly » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:01 am

natashka85 wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:You made this thread to "share your knowledge", then dismissed tls as a place where help from high scorers can't be found! It IS offensive to the people that take time every day to answer questions and help those still studying free of charge. Then you quoted my polite message, and used it to complain about ungrateful people. What did I do!?

nothing everything is fine,lets not get bogged down by irrelevant things.

Works for me, best of luck on the test! Keep it up!

natashka85

Postby natashka85 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:13 am

Pneumonia wrote:OP I took it from this thread that you were soliciting help, in the form of LSAT curveballs from others that are prepping, not offering help to them. The first is acceptable though you can't blame people if they don't participate. The second is borderline (at least you don't have a website), but becomes unacceptable when you say that you're doing it because there are no helpful 170 posters. There are the linked 180 threads from previous cycles not to mention dozens of active 175+ posters that still contribute to the LSAT forum even though they're already in school.

I will assume you're wanting practice and pose the following question, because I'm drilling LR right now and it's bugging me: PT 33 S3 Q8- I get why 'A' is right but why is 'B' wrong?

P.S. Noodley is rightfully offended- he got a 179 and posted one of the best LSAT guides on the site, not to mention the many quality posts in this forum.

The argument talks about people who invest in the stock market (without doing any research) and some of those people rely solely on.........
B is wrong cause it talks about people who invest in the stock market but doesnt mention ``WITHOUT DOING ANY RESEARCH`` so that part is missing ,that`s why it is wrong.

Malakai

Postby Malakai » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:16 am

LOL, kind of misconstruing the argument - but she actually didn't dismiss TLS in general; she provided an alternative recommendation to another person since this person doesn't seem to be satisfied with the advice of this particular thread

Furthermore, her mentioning some people who have scored in the 170's that charge $ wasn't anything ad hominem against those people and certainly wasn't any ad hominem against 170 scorers who DON'T charge money, but in line with her recommendation to simply go elsewhere if one is not satisfied with the unsolicited advice particular thread.

VegasLaw702 wrote:
rebexness wrote:Why are you giving advice if you have never taken an actual LSAT?

but only those who have already taken should give advice. Like I said in my reply earlier, I would rather get advice from someone who has taken and scored a 165 over someone who hasn't taken at all.

This is a bit extreme. If one is doing exceptionally well on their practice exams and review, and they are capable of answering questions related to the material or on the exams, that could be sufficient for one to give out advice to those who seek it. To further illustrate my point, and by using your premises it could similarly suggest that someone who may have been studying for over a year and have been scoring nothing less than a 177 for the last 10 PT's as they near their test date, should still be precluded or advised not to provide advice (if one should follow your rule/recommendation). Also, just by citing one's preference for one person or the other doesn't support the conclusion/recommendation that only those who have taken the LSAT are or should be qualified to administer advice.

By suggesting that it's necessary for someone to have taken an actual LSAT to give advice would be premature, since there are plenty of people (first-time takers included) on this board that still thoroughly understand the material and are capable of giving reasonable advice related to the LSAT during their prep, and yet still haven't take their first LSAC administered exam. If we were to limit the offering of advice just to post-one timers and retakers - it would be terribly unrepresentative and could/would inhibit the full and realizable potential of the LSAT Prep subcategory of the TLS message boards.

Anyway, i'm glad this got back on track. But Natashka, i was wondering if you had any experience with those PT's I mentioned in my previous post =p

natashka85

Postby natashka85 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:13 am

I do,feel free to shoot me any questions u have.

Terrirobinson

Postby Terrirobinson » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:15 am

IIRC OP is the same genius who posted in this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=201676&p=6288402#p6288402

Also complains about burn out doing untimed PTs and getting ignored in the June PT group review/PMs

Stay away if looking for anything but a good laugh at the sheer idiocy.

natashka85

Postby natashka85 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:16 pm

Terrirobinson wrote:IIRC OP is the same genius who posted in this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=201676&p=6288402#p6288402.
Also complains about burn out doing untimed PTs and getting ignored in the June PT group review/PMs

U need to get your shit together,don't post here if u are a jerk
Last edited by natashka85 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:24 pm

natashka85 wrote:
Terrirobinson wrote:IIRC OP is the same genius who posted in this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=201676&p=6288402#p6288402
U need to get your shit together,don't post here if u are a jerk.

stop typing in other's quotes, or at least change the font color or something. I keep thinking that you're just quoting and not replying like that Esq guy in the Dayton thread.

also thanks for fielding my LR question, it was helpful.

natashka85

Postby natashka85 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:27 pm

Pneumonia wrote:
natashka85 wrote:
Terrirobinson wrote:IIRC OP is the same genius who posted in this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=201676&p=6288402#p6288402
U need to get your shit together,don't post here if u are a jerk.

stop typing in other's quotes, or at least change the font color or something. I keep thinking that you're just quoting and not replying like that Esq guy in the Dayton thread.

also thanks for fielding my LR question, it was helpful.

welcome,shoot me any more questions or post here.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”