Will answer any question (ask me any question from the LSAT

natashka85

Will answer any question (ask me any question from the LSAT

Postby natashka85 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:40 pm

Currently I am preparing for the LSAT and scoring above 170,will be happy to answer any LSAT related question from the tests 1-68,post here or pm me,thanks,I am trying to motivate me studying and will be honest to share my knowledge .

Malakai

Re: Will answer any question (ask me any question from the LSAT

Postby Malakai » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:25 am

Did you take any of the PT's from the 39-51 range? Would you say they were more like the recent LSAT exams or the older 7 - late 20's PT's in terms of archaic/fuzzy wording and odd game format?

Of course taking the comparative passage thing out of consideration, since we can just say that would be a given difference, since i'm more interested in differences in LR questions and LG game types/questions.

natashka85

Postby natashka85 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:04 pm

If u are taking the June LSAT then for Rc and Lr I would recommend drilling and taking tests 40-68,but for games the older tests are also relevant ,cause in my opinion games got easier and Rc and Lr got harder in the tests 40-68,let me know what else you need.I am in the opinion that drilling heavily burns u ,so concentrate more on the common tricks they throw in the answer choices ,every LSAT test is the same as every other LSAT test ,so think that way and u will see your score going up and let me know if u have any specific questions,I will be more than happy to provide explanation.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:14 pm

http://www.lawschooltransparency.com/

If you need more motivation than that, you are foolish.

natashka85

Postby natashka85 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:23 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:http://www.lawschooltransparency.com/

If you need more motivation than that, you are foolish.

Thanks Noodley,much appreciated.

jad0re

Postby jad0re » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:27 pm

What are you averaging in RC and if less than -5 have you always been a good reader (like were you in honors English in high school and did you score well on the verbal section of SAT)

natashka85

Postby natashka85 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:31 pm

jad0re wrote:What are you averaging in RC and if less than -5 have you always been a good reader (like were you in honors English in high school and did you score well on the verbal section of SAT)

Well Rc is very learnable,you can definitely improve from 15 right to 25 right,remember this is a standardized test,and it all depends on your approach,there are certain steps u got to follow during that section and if u don't do that then u can't get a higher score,I miss max 2 in that section,let me know if u need any help w your approach.

jad0re

Postby jad0re » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:37 pm

natashka85 wrote:
jad0re wrote:What are you averaging in RC and if less than -5 have you always been a good reader (like were you in honors English in high school and did you score well on the verbal section of SAT)

Well Rc is very learnable,you can definitely improve from 15 right to 25 right,remember this is a standardized test,and it all depends on your approach,there are certain steps u got to follow during that section and if u don't do that then u can't get a higher score,I miss max 2 in that section,let me know if u need any help w your approach.

I do in fact.
I would love to have some tips!

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:39 pm

jad0re wrote:
natashka85 wrote:

I do in fact.

Manhattan LSAT RC guide. Cheap quick read, very worth it.

jad0re

Postby jad0re » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:41 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
jad0re wrote:
natashka85 wrote:

I do in fact.

Manhattan LSAT RC guide. Cheap quick read, very worth it.

already got that and wrote all over it.
re-read?

natashka85

Postby natashka85 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:18 pm

manhattan Rc is good,but u also need other extra tips,Noodleyones Rc advice is good too.Review that.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:31 pm

jad0re wrote:
natashka85 wrote:

I do in fact.

Read Manhattan again.

Get all the old prep tests. Whenever you take a PT, take an experimental section or 2 of RC.

Drill RC. Use the ones that are moderately old (20-30) for 2-4 sections of RC drilling. It'll be annoying but worth it. Make sure you know exactly what you got wrong, why you got it wrong, and why the right answer is right.

Read a lot. When you have a choice to watch TV or read a magazine or newspaper or novel, read it. Summarize the main points, either in your head or on paper.

RC is my hardest section still, but I've gotten down from a consistent 5 to 9 wrong to a consistent 1 to 3 wrong. It is learnable.

natashka85

Postby natashka85 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:15 pm

pm me and I can go through Rc passage w u online and show u the steps that I follow.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:18 pm

Tag.

VegasLaw702

Postby VegasLaw702 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:49 pm

Already taken the LSAT and scored 170 > Taken the LSAT and scored 165 > Someone practice testing 170

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Why are you giving advice if you have never taken an actual LSAT?

VegasLaw702

Postby VegasLaw702 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:58 pm

rebexness wrote:Why are you giving advice if you have never taken an actual LSAT?

This. Not to be rude, and I'm sure OP will do just fine on the LSAT, but only those who have already taken should give advice. Like I said in my reply earlier, I would rather get advice from someone who has taken and scored a 165 over someone who hasn't taken at all.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:05 pm

Yeah this was a bit early haha. Even so, a lot of us have 170+ scores, and don't make threads. Just wait till someone needs help, and be ready with solid advice. Wish the OP the best of luck! Keep it up !

natashka85

Postby natashka85 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:13 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Yeah this was a bit early haha. Even so, a lot of us have 170+ scores, and don't make threads. Just wait till someone needs help, and be ready with solid advice. Wish the OP the best of luck! Keep it up !

Go and get your advice from people who scored a 170 and they will charge u 100 dollars an hour from the test companies,people seem to be ignorant and not appreciating,the thread is for people who score high and are here to motivate and study harder .

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:25 pm

There are plenty of people who scored well above 170 very actively offering free help on this very forum... I'm not criticizing you here, I said keep it up, and good luck on the test, perhaps you were trying to quote someone else? To turn around and suggest that TLS lacks advice from 170+ scorers isn't correct though.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:47 pm

natashka85 wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:Yeah this was a bit early haha. Even so, a lot of us have 170+ scores, and don't make threads. Just wait till someone needs help, and be ready with solid advice. Wish the OP the best of luck! Keep it up !

Go and get your advice from people who scored a 170 and they will charge u 100 dollars an hour from the test companies,people seem to be ignorant and not appreciating,the thread is for people who score high and are here to motivate and study harder .

I am personally offended by that. On top of that, BP Shinners and guys from Manhattan regularly post here and on their own website to help people out for free. Hell, Manhattan gave out free copies of their third edition books to a few people on these boards.

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:50 pm

OP I took it from this thread that you were soliciting help, in the form of LSAT curveballs from others that are prepping, not offering help to them. The first is acceptable though you can't blame people if they don't participate. The second is borderline (at least you don't have a website), but becomes unacceptable when you say that you're doing it because there are no helpful 170 posters. There are the linked 180 threads from previous cycles not to mention dozens of active 175+ posters that still contribute to the LSAT forum even though they're already in school.

I will assume you're wanting practice and pose the following question, because I'm drilling LR right now and it's bugging me: PT 33 S3 Q8- I get why 'A' is right but why is 'B' wrong?

P.S. Noodley is rightfully offended- he got a 179 and posted one of the best LSAT guides on the site, not to mention the many quality posts in this forum.

natashka85

Postby natashka85 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:46 am

NoodleyOne wrote:
natashka85 wrote:

Noodleyone don`t be offended by it,we all like u and respect u,it wasn`t directed to u,i made this thread for motivation and discussion of LR questions.
I am personally offended by that. On top of that, BP Shinners and guys from Manhattan regularly post here and on their own website to help people out for free. Hell, Manhattan gave out free copies of their third edition books to a few people on these boards.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:51 am

You made this thread to "share your knowledge", then dismissed tls as a place where help from high scorers can't be found! It IS offensive to the people that take time every day to answer questions and help those still studying free of charge. Then you quoted my polite message, and used it to complain about ungrateful people. What did I do!?

natashka85

Postby natashka85 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:57 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:You made this thread to "share your knowledge", then dismissed tls as a place where help from high scorers can't be found! It IS offensive to the people that take time every day to answer questions and help those still studying free of charge. Then you quoted my polite message, and used it to complain about ungrateful people. What did I do!?

nothing everything is fine,lets not get bogged down by irrelevant things.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”