Just took my first diagnostic with Testmasters Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
isuperserial

Silver

Just took my first diagnostic with Testmasters

Post by isuperserial » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:49 am

I got a 163! I know that's kids stuff around here, but I'm still really proud of that as a first shot. I hear improving by 10 points is pretty doable if you put in the time and effort, which I know I will. I was really afraid I was going to get a truly shitty score like a 150 or something and be like, "well, time to look at a different career path."

I'm just happy with how I did and I'm excited to study my ass off and hopefully hit my goal in June! My goal used to be a 170. Now it's a 173 XD

Sorry for the brag or whatever, I just felt the need to express my joy in a place where people actually know what the scores mean. Thanks. Carry on, ladies and gentlemen.

Balthy

Silver

Re: Just took my first diagnostic with Testmasters

Post by Balthy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:58 am

isuperserial wrote:I got a 163! I know that's kids stuff around here, but I'm still really proud of that as a first shot. I hear improving by 10 points is pretty doable if you put in the time and effort, which I know I will. I was really afraid I was going to get a truly shitty score like a 150 or something and be like, "well, time to look at a different career path."

I'm just happy with how I did and I'm excited to study my ass off and hopefully hit my goal in June! My goal used to be a 170. Now it's a 173 XD

Sorry for the brag or whatever, I just felt the need to express my joy in a place where people actually know what the scores mean. Thanks. Carry on, ladies and gentlemen.

Congrats, now eat shit.

Good luck on studying :mrgreen:

Also, don't limit yourself to a 10 pt increase. 180 or GTFO.

RELIC

Bronze

Post by RELIC » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:01 am

9 out of 10 times this story turns into an over confident test-taker that doesn't commit to studying for the LSAT until they bomb their first actual sitting for it.

Come back and see us after you have your score.

isuperserial

Silver

Post by isuperserial » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:07 am

superdingle2000 wrote: Congrats, now eat shit.

Good luck on studying :mrgreen:

Also, don't limit yourself to a 10 pt increase. 180 or GTFO.
RELIC wrote:9 out of 10 times this story turns into an over confident test-taker that doesn't commit to studying for the LSAT until they bomb their first actual sitting for it.

Come back and see us after you have your score.
Oh, definitely not limiting myself, guys. I'd never forgive myself if I didn't try my damn hardest to get into the best school possible. I figured being proud for a couple hours after getting my score back couldn't hurt. I'll come back with the real thing after the June test.

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:10 am

Join the June study thread, kill it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Brixton

New

Post by Brixton » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:31 am

Congrats on the first diagnostic. But even if you would have scored a 140, don't ever let your initial diagnostic be a limiting factor in what you aim for on the real deal. I'm sure there are people who initially scored in the 140's and turned that around into a 170+ score. Get ready to kick ass and study your butt off.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:49 am

163 is a solid foundation. You should be able to hit the high 170s with proper study, so don't stop until you get there!

One thing to watch out for while studying - some people who start off with a solid score can be a little hesitant to try new methods that might work out better for them. Since your way gets you the right answer most of the time, it's easy to resist change. I would definitely suggest to keep an open mind while prepping so that you try out a few methods that might work out better, or you might even find out that one of your methods breaks down on the difficult questions.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”