Mapping Games?

davyboy

Mapping Games?

Postby davyboy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:27 am

Is it possible that we will see a Mapping game on the June 2013 LSAT?

I know that they are not very common, but I find them very difficult...

Jeffort

Re: Mapping Games?

Postby Jeffort » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:59 am

It is very unlikely. A true 'mapping' game in the form they appeared in the 80s and only a few times in the early 90s have not appeared on an administered LSAT in around twenty years. The weird county of Zendu radar zones game is the last one to appear that can reasonably be defined as a mapping game, but even that one is really a grouping game variation.

eric922

Postby eric922 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:19 am

Jeffort wrote:It is very unlikely. A true 'mapping' game in the form they appeared in the 80s and only a few times in the early 90s have not appeared on an administered LSAT in around twenty years. The weird county of Zendu radar zones game is the last one to appear that can reasonably be defined as a mapping game, but even that one is really a grouping game variation.

I truly hope there's a special place in hell reserved for whoever wrote that game. I've never been able to solve it.

jrsbaseball5

Postby jrsbaseball5 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:22 am

eric922 wrote:
Jeffort wrote:It is very unlikely. A true 'mapping' game in the form they appeared in the 80s and only a few times in the early 90s have not appeared on an administered LSAT in around twenty years. The weird county of Zendu radar zones game is the last one to appear that can reasonably be defined as a mapping game, but even that one is really a grouping game variation.

I truly hope there's a special place in hell reserved for whoever wrote that game. I've never been able to solve it.

Just wanted to tell you that this made me laugh. I haven't tried this game yet so I'm sure I'll go from :D :arrow: :( when I do.

davyboy

Postby davyboy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:16 pm

What about Prep Test 40? The Zephyr Airlines game. Is that not a Mapping game?

I hate Mapping games and I pray to god that one does not appear on the June LSAT.

tuffyjohnson

Postby tuffyjohnson » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:47 pm

Shut up you guys. :shock: The lsac dudes are reading this and will smell your fear and put one in. :lol:

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:59 pm

davyboy wrote:What about Prep Test 40? The Zephyr Airlines game. Is that not a Mapping game?

I hate Mapping games and I pray to god that one does not appear on the June LSAT.

No, Zephyr is not a mapping game, it is a matching/pairing grouping game.

bulawschool

Postby bulawschool » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:24 pm

You know what I hate even more than a mapping game?
A stupid pattern/process game!
The thought of it just makes me puke.
The last process/pattern games that I encountered was the one with 5 clans, each participating three times.....or the one with beakers and mixing chemicals ..

Gosh, sometimes I wonder what the lsat writers at lsac look like.
Are they normal humans, functioning the normal way?

Sigh....................................

bulawschool

Postby bulawschool » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:25 pm

tuffyjohnson wrote:Shut up you guys. :shock: The lsac dudes are reading this and will smell your fear and put one in. :lol:

lol

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”