Postby Josh4737 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:05 pm

Last edited by Josh4737 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Re: How to pace drilling

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:02 am

Josh4737 wrote:Hey everyone,
I'm currently drilling logical reasoning. I have the Cambridge packets. Should I drill a specific type, I.e weaken until the packet is done it break it up? Currently I do sets of 5 at a time and aim for give minutes. I then either do another five or switch to another type (strengthen, mbt, etc..) and do five. I usually cover around 40 problems a day. Which way is better, one type exclusively or many? Thanks!

Overall, I'm a fan of exactly what you're doing. If you're struggling to implement a strategy under the gun (i.e. when you're timing yourself, you revert to your old ways) switch between doing timed and untimed sets. The focus of this work is to do questions in the way that you want to do them, not simply to get as many correct as possible. I assume you'll be mixing in full PTs later. As for whether to switch between topics, I'd go with doing a bunch of sets of one Q type first, and then either doing a mixed set (which I guess might be hard with the packets), or, as you say, switching to another type (or perhaps combining two or three sets for different types).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”