i'm getting infuriated...HELP!

rutgers17

i'm getting infuriated...HELP!

Postby rutgers17 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:28 pm

ok i am about 3 weeks into my studying and i feel like i'm actually getting worse at logical reasoning in some ways. my first PT, i got 4 wrong total for LR. now i'm getting 6 or 7 wrong. i've definitely changed my method of thinking to a more structural and aggressive way of reading, which i feel like is helpful and making me understand better. but then i get the answer wrong. i find myself getting it down to two options fairly easily, but almost every time i pick the wrong one. i'm getting so frustrated because i'm right there and i just keep getting them wrong. any advice on what to do when you get down to those final 2 options?

sorry if this post is sort of scattered, my brain is fried!

mindarmed

Re: i'm getting infuriated...HELP!

Postby mindarmed » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:31 pm

your actual ability is not indicative of your first test. you need at least 10 PTs to establish a baseline score

Brixton

Postby Brixton » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:22 pm

It's too soon to get frustrated. Your scores will go up and down as you learn and hone new skills in test taking. Just make sure you're using a sound practice method (Powerscore, Manhattan, Blueprint, your own self-discipline, etc.) and it will all come together eventually.

johmica

Postby johmica » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:26 am

It took me a couple of months to see any results from my daily studying, and then one day, WHAM!, my ability leapfrogged. Learn a method. I've worked through both PowerScore books and the Manhattan series, and I recommend the latter. But that's just my personal preference. But you want a consistent, logical approach to the questions. In theory, you could formulate one yourself, but the time spent developing your own snowflake method is better spent on as many PT's as you can get your hands on. Thirty-five minutes on a timed practice section, followed by another hour on the same section, going over the questions in detail. "Why is this option wrong?". "What makes this option right?". That kind of thing. Daily. Good luck.

rutgers17

Postby rutgers17 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:06 pm

i'll definitely go over the questions in detail like johmica suggested. i know it's still early in my studying, so i'm definitely hoping it will click. thanks guys!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”