Logic Games

diplomat28

Logic Games

Postby diplomat28 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:44 pm

I'm currently following LSAT blogs 12 week study plan in preparation for the June test. I've completed the first two weeks which focus on linear/grouping logic games. Although I feel as if I've improved, I still often times diagram a game and then fail to make any useful deductions and am unable to complete the game in a reasonable pace.

For those of you who have followed the study plan and improved on the logic games section what would you suggest doing? Should I continue on with the study schedule as outlined? Should I continue on to the next sections while simultaneously reading the the Powerscore Logic Games Bible?

Any advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated as I am aiming to score in the 170s but believe this section is holding me back a great deal at this point. Thanks.

tuffyjohnson

Re: Logic Games

Postby tuffyjohnson » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:33 am

Two weeks is a short time period to expect any type of huge gains in LG. That is, unless they come easy to you--but it sounds like they don't. Welcome to the club. I'm 6.5 weeks deep into LG using PS (I've read PS Bible 2 or 3 times now) and Blueprint and I still don't have them nailed. Not even close. You are going to need to make several copies of different games and keep doing them so that the repetition will drill the inference making into your brain and it becomes second nature.

uieLouAy

Postby uieLouAy » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:39 am

tuffyjohnson wrote:You are going to need to make several copies of different games and keep doing them so that the repetition will drill the inference making into your brain and it becomes second nature.

Agree with this. Are you familiar with Pithypike's Guide? He calls for 3 copies of all LGs broken up by classification.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:21 am

tuffyjohnson wrote:Two weeks is a short time period to expect any type of huge gains in LG.

This.

Frustration with Logic Games, especially in the early stages, is common. Keep at it (and be sure to watch the free LG explanation videos on my blog).

I include plenty of additional LG practice later in the schedule as well, so you'll have lots of time to continue improving on them.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”