ran out of RC Material Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lawschoolplease1

Bronze

ran out of RC Material

Post by lawschoolplease1 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:53 am

For anyone retaking the LSAT, how are you preparing on the RC end? I remember a lot of the passages as soon as i read them, and consequently can't get a better sense of how I'm progressing. The worst part of it all is that RC is my worst section! This is the section that keeps me from my target score!!
I know people say to read the economist, but I think it's a different framework than LSAT RC passages.
This morning it occurred to me that I should try MCAT verbal sections and researched this here on TLS. however, there seems to be some controversy and I definitely want to keep in the LSAT framework of mind.
what do yall think?

Trajectory

Bronze

Re: ran out of RC Material

Post by Trajectory » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:40 am

For RC I had tests 1-40 or so...as well as for LG and LR. Including the Superpreps. Thats a lot of material. Did you really run out of it all? For the RC passages that came up twice in my studies I realized I had no memory of them from 1st time around. I vaguely remembered the subject, if that. I too was worried that doing it twice wouldn't be representative of my progress but honestly the ones I repeated, accidentally, were separated by at least 2-3 weeks. There was no way for me personally to remember much of anything from previously doing them. Im not familiar with the MCAT so I cant help there but if you kept track of where your RC passages were coming from and you really did run out of material...why not try to recycle? Start from Preptest 1 if you need.

As far studying for this...it was my worst section and I absolutely hate it, but I found this method helped me out a lot and targeted all of my weaknesses (it is a bit tedious) http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... it=passage
Instead of the Economist I sometimes used RC passages. ~10-15.

lawschoolplease1

Bronze

Post by lawschoolplease1 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Thanks for the reply Trajectory!
I guess I will try and circle back. It's gotta be better than reading non-LSAT stuff, right?
god, i hate studying for this section.
:mrgreen:

natashka85

Bronze

Post by natashka85 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:01 pm

U know I have been studying for the LSAT for a long time,and I exhausted all the material but what I understood that the main thing w the whole test is to understand how every LSAT is the same as every other LSAT test, so basically even of u have done that passage before but u do go through the normal process of the steps,like the main point,purpose ,etc ,and know why the wrong answers ate wrong ,then it doesnt matter if u saw that passage before or no,hope it helps ,anyway that's my perspective.

lawschoolplease1

Bronze

Post by lawschoolplease1 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:20 pm

natashka85-
that actually makes perfect sense.
I do see myself going through the basic steps!

i'm at a pretty solid state right now, and will take the test in June.
I'm really just being meticulous at this point, and trying to beat this test.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”