Hit a wall on advanced linear/3D ordering

Hit a wall on advanced linear/3D ordering

Postby MiracleNeeded » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:32 pm

My brain really isn't functioning when I look at these problems. I love relative ordering, the tree is the coolest thing, but this two stack horse shit is killing me. Anyone have any experience getting over this particular hump?

Re: Hit a wall on advanced linear/3D ordering

Postby Jaqen » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:42 pm

I remember when a certain game type was driving me nuts, moving on to drilling RC or LR for a day or two then going back to it gave me fresh perspective. The frustration/eagerness to conquer it can become counter-productive.

Postby Iroh » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:54 pm

Following this plan has helped me the most with difficult logic games (and with logic games in general). Manhattan has great methods, but they are of limited value if you don't practice them over and over and over again.

Postby tuffyjohnson » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:33 pm

These videos from 7 sage are sweet. Almost to good to be true that they are giving all these out. I spent a month missing inferences when I should've been following this plan/watching these videos as I was drilling through difficult games.

Postby objection_your_honor » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm

I don't have a detailed response, but one thing you might try doing is taking about 15-20 seconds after the initial setup to identify the primary players or rules that impose the most restrictions on the game. Many times advanced linear games have a few "key players," and you'll have a better understanding of how to approach particular questions if you're aware of who those players are.

Jumping in without this awareness can lead to frustrating (and inefficient) attempts at endless hypotheticals.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”