question about prep obviously Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
BrianP

New

question about prep obviously

Post by BrianP » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:29 am

Since I have to practice logical reasoning and logic games a great deal, what do you guys think would be the best way to do it? A chapter a day out of both Manhattan books, or just one book at a time? I really have to improve on both of them.

objection_your_honor

Silver

Re: question about prep obviously

Post by objection_your_honor » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:37 pm

LG first, one chapter at a time, drilling each chapter's respective game type in PTs 1 -38 before moving on.

Move onto LR after that, using the same approach. Drill each chapter's question type using PTs 1-38.

Do RC sections from PTs 1 - 38 every other day, starting now.

All of that should take you about 2 months total. Then move onto fully timed PTs 39 - 68 until test day.

tuffyjohnson

Bronze

Post by tuffyjohnson » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:52 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:LG first, one chapter at a time, drilling each chapter's respective game type in PTs 1 -38 before moving on.

Move onto LR after that, using the same approach. Drill each chapter's question type using PTs 1-38.

Do RC sections from PTs 1 - 38 every other day, starting now.

All of that should take you about 2 months total. Then move onto fully timed PTs 39 - 68 until test day.
Well, shit - I've been hammering away at the LG's from 52-61. At least I've still got 62-68 and all the out of prints for PT's. FML

objection_your_honor

Silver

Post by objection_your_honor » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:38 pm

That's fine, too — it may even be better since you're learning on the most recent games. The main point here is you cut your teeth on sections individually and then start taking full PTs. Doesn't matter too much how you split it up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”