Some perspective Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
homie1515

Bronze

Some perspective

Post by homie1515 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:12 am

I just came across this website and thought it was a rather accurate account of what people who are normal (i.e. everyone not on TLS constantly) score on their LSATs and what GPA They are applying with. I feel like being on this website has people jaded that 180 is necessary and possible for everyone (I believe it is), but in reality there are people struggling with 138's and are going to apply to law school with those numbers with adequate GPA (3.4+). Just something to open your eyes.

wtrc

Gold

Re: Some perspective

Post by wtrc » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:29 am

homie1515 wrote:I just came across this website and thought it was a rather accurate account of what people who are normal (i.e. everyone not on TLS constantly) score on their LSATs and what GPA They are applying with. I feel like being on this website has people jaded that 180 is necessary and possible for everyone (I believe it is), but in reality there are people struggling with 138's and are going to apply to law school with those numbers with adequate GPA (3.4+). Just something to open your eyes.
Do you mean a rather inaccurate account? Otherwise, I don't understand. Either way, this is top-law-schools.com, and tends to attract people aiming higher than the average LSAT score of 151.

Also, nobody should be applying to law school with a 138. Ever.

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:30 am

Bless your heart.

RhymesLikeDimes

Bronze

Post by RhymesLikeDimes » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:32 am

I don't know see someone with a 138 would even be able to figure out how to apply in the first place...

And just because some people are going to make horrible, life-ruining decisions doesn't mean we should lower our own standards.

homie1515

Bronze

Post by homie1515 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:36 am

weathercoins wrote:
homie1515 wrote:I just came across this website and thought it was a rather accurate account of what people who are normal (i.e. everyone not on TLS constantly) score on their LSATs and what GPA They are applying with. I feel like being on this website has people jaded that 180 is necessary and possible for everyone (I believe it is), but in reality there are people struggling with 138's and are going to apply to law school with those numbers with adequate GPA (3.4+). Just something to open your eyes.
Do you mean a rather inaccurate account? Otherwise, I don't understand. Either way, this is top-law-schools.com, and tends to attract people aiming higher than the average LSAT score of 151.

Also, nobody should be applying to law school with a 138. Ever.

I agree completely. I thought it was a more accurate account of the general public. As this is Top-Law-School.com, we are the minority of LSAT preppers and Law School appliers. And this website just hit that on the head for me.
RhymesLikeDimes wrote:I don't know see someone with a 138 would even be able to figure out how to apply in the first place...

And just because some people are going to make horrible, life-ruining decisions doesn't mean we should lower our own standards.
I agree and no way did I mean to Imply that we should lower our own standards, I got a 170 and am retaking in June, Im sure people from that other board would kill to have the score im not happy with.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:02 am

I think the OP intended to include a link to another website - not TLS - where, as opposed to here, people are normal/struggling with 138s. OP, there's no link in your first post, so it looks like you're talking about TLS.

BrianP

New

Post by BrianP » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:23 am

RhymesLikeDimes wrote:I don't know see someone with a 138 would even be able to figure out how to apply in the first place...

Considering I only got a 141 on a practice test and I know how to apply, either you're not so smart yourself, you're sarcastic (we hope), or I should be able to improve my score by at least 25 points. 8)

homie1515

Bronze

Post by homie1515 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:28 am

Yes , you re right i am significantly retArded
A. Nony Mouse wrote:I think the OP intended to include a link to another website - not TLS - where, as opposed to here, people are normal/struggling with 138s. OP, there's no link in your first post, so it looks like you're talking about TLS.
http://lawschoolexpert.com/application- ... at-scores/

BrianP

New

Post by BrianP » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:31 am

That's interesting. I personally wouldn't waste my time applying to law school if I can't get at least 160. And I have a feeling that's not even good enough for a worthwhile school...

RhymesLikeDimes

Bronze

Post by RhymesLikeDimes » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:50 am

What a depressing read. And that lady should be ashamed of herself. I realize that you need to put a positive spin on everything if you want to sell products to the kind of people who want their hands held through the law school application process. But, cheerleading people with 145's to look into paying $200K for a 4th-tier cesspool is criminal.

Her response to most of those questions should have been: "You seem to be an idiot. It doesn't make you a bad person, but you would be a disaster both in law school and in the legal profession." If you study for a year and still can't crack the 140's, YOU SHOULD NOT GO TO LAW SCHOOL.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”