High accuracy but slow, how do I speed up in LG?

kinopy

High accuracy but slow, how do I speed up in LG?

Postby kinopy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:26 pm

Hello,

I have just started studying for LSAT for about 3 weeks, I am studying all 3 bibles from Powerscore. I am almost done with all three. From my studying so far, I realized I like LG very much and I have high accuracy in the practice questions, but I am very slow, it takes me about 12-16 mins to finish a game with zero or none mistakes. How do I practice myself to speed up in my later studies in this section? Help please.

jvincent11

Re: High accuracy but slow, how do I speed up in LG?

Postby jvincent11 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:31 pm

If it takes you that long then you are either setting it up wrong or you are missing crucial inferences. The more you do the better you will be at mastering each game from the start. As with all the sections on the LSAT, it's all about practice and repetition.

kinopy

Postby kinopy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:53 pm

jvincent11 wrote:If it takes you that long then you are either setting it up wrong or you are missing crucial inferences. The more you do the better you will be at mastering each game from the start. As with all the sections on the LSAT, it's all about practice and repetition.

Thank you jvincent11, but when I checked the answer, I checked the set up and the inferences, I have the same thought as the answer key, especially that I got all the answer right, I just don't get it that why does it take me that long to figure it out and how could I shorten the time.

kinopy

Postby kinopy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:55 pm

It is because that I just started it? Is it normal or common for people just started preparing to get a slow speed like me? How to get better?

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:56 pm

get manhattan lsat

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:56 pm

kinopy wrote:It is because that I just started it? Is it normal or common for people just started preparing to get a slow speed like me? How to get better?

This is completely normal for people in the early stages of preparing for the test. It takes time to learn the various diagramming methods and to get familiar with the process of how to determine valid deductions from interactions of the game rules and conditions. At first the process will be slow because you are learning how to do it from the ground up without previous familiarity with the process. The more you do it, the more familiar all of it will become and the faster you will be able to do it, it just takes practice and repetition to master applying all the methods in order to become faster at doing it.

Ignore Dr. Dre, his answer here to almost any and every question people ask is to simply say Manhattan for some reason. The PS books are good so just keep going with the system you are learning and get better at doing it faster through practice and being more familiar with it, there is no reason for you to switch prep books.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:23 pm

Jeffort wrote:This is completely normal for people in the early stages of preparing for the test. It takes time to learn the various diagramming methods and to get familiar with the process of how to determine valid deductions from interactions of the game rules and conditions.

I wanted to second this, just to make sure you believed it. Early prep is all about accuracy, not speed. Accurate but slow is much better than fast but inaccurate. Keep practicing, and those times will come down as you start to recognize the inferences faster (because they always come from the same type of rules) and get more comfortable applying them to the questions.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”