Powerscore Bibles (LG) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sammy416

New

Powerscore Bibles (LG)

Post by sammy416 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:28 am

Ok, I am essentially getting the first whiff of this book, and started getting the rules in the linear games section (not law, sequence, rotating blocks, blah blah) and did the contrapositive drill on page 35 and the rule drill, However, when I got to page 51, it started to become more difficult to understand the concept they were trying to introduce. My question is, did anyone else have a hard time understanding the Bible in the beginning? Also, is logic reasoning easier to understand than the games in the Bibles?

PS. NO TROLLS!

cslouisck

Bronze

Re: Powerscore Bibles (LG)

Post by cslouisck » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:59 am

sammy416 wrote:Ok, I am essentially getting the first whiff of this book, and started getting the rules in the linear games section (not law, sequence, rotating blocks, blah blah) and did the contrapositive drill on page 35 and the rule drill, However, when I got to page 51, it started to become more difficult to understand the concept they were trying to introduce. My question is, did anyone else have a hard time understanding the Bible in the beginning? Also, is logic reasoning easier to understand than the games in the Bibles?

PS. NO TROLLS!
Erm... I'm not really sure this is going to be helpful, but I don't think pg 51 was significantly more difficult than the rest of the bible. But YMMV. And yes, for most folks the games are harder than LR, but once you figure them out, they become easier because you can be sure of the answer. I found the birds in the forest to be the most difficult of the games, but you should make sure to review RC as well, since it's signficantly more difficult now than it was when the last bibles were published. And, if it matters, I blew off LR, then went -4 on a section because I thought it'd be easy enough. Now that's the difference between CCN and HLS. So take the whole thing seriously. It's nuts, but TLS is right: the three and a half (or whatever it is) hours you spend in the testing center matter as much or more than all the time you spent in undergrad. Good luck.

lsatyolo

Gold

Post by lsatyolo » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:16 am

cslouisck wrote:
sammy416 wrote:Ok, I am essentially getting the first whiff of this book, and started getting the rules in the linear games section (not law, sequence, rotating blocks, blah blah) and did the contrapositive drill on page 35 and the rule drill, However, when I got to page 51, it started to become more difficult to understand the concept they were trying to introduce. My question is, did anyone else have a hard time understanding the Bible in the beginning? Also, is logic reasoning easier to understand than the games in the Bibles?

PS. NO TROLLS!
Erm... I'm not really sure this is going to be helpful, but I don't think pg 51 was significantly more difficult than the rest of the bible. But YMMV. And yes, for most folks the games are harder than LR, but once you figure them out, they become easier because you can be sure of the answer. I found the birds in the forest to be the most difficult of the games, but you should make sure to review RC as well, since it's signficantly more difficult now than it was when the last bibles were published. And, if it matters, I blew off LR, then went -4 on a section because I thought it'd be easy enough. Now that's the difference between CCN and HLS. So take the whole thing seriously. It's nuts, but TLS is right: the three and a half (or whatever it is) hours you spend in the testing center matter as much or more than all the time you spent in undergrad. Good luck.
Yeah, bird game sucks.

Iroh

Bronze

Post by Iroh » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Just looked over p. 51 in the LGB and I'm not sure what's confusing you. If you're just having trouble getting every single not-law from the premises, that's understandable. It takes a lot of practice to get to that point. If you're totally lost, well...maybe you're going to need even more practice? Like I said, I'm not sure what the problem is. Also, unless you're totally broke, consider purchasing the Manhattan books as well. I found them superior to PS.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”