Powerscore or Manhattan? Some insight from a noob

MiracleNeeded

Powerscore or Manhattan? Some insight from a noob

Postby MiracleNeeded » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:05 pm

I'm an LSAT noob with low scores hoping to bump them wayyyy up. And I see this question a lot from people who have bought neither and after 24 hours with MLSAT and 3 weeks with the PS LGB I have come to the following conclusion,

GET BOTH! But get the PS LGB first

Here's why. The PS book really laid a nice solid step by step foundation for the LG. it taught me like a retarded 6 year old who just got beaten over the head with a ballpean hammer. I needed that.

Mlsat is great, and has nice little tricks, and new ways of looking at answers ie hunt for the right answer on "must be" questions rather than process of elimination (POE). And for could be questions do POE. That little tip is very very helpful. But if you jump into MLSAT right off the bat, you may have problems. Looking at the 2nd chapter, you're sort of thrown in the pool without being taught to swim. I had I not read the LGB first I may have really struggled with set ups and diagrams, nd inference for A few days.

I might get testmasters (even if they are suing tls, if they can help me gain points, I'm buying the book) I would get the blue print book too, but at $65 that is A bit steep. I spent the better part of an hour in my attic looking for my old Kaplan books from three years ago to no avail. I'm sure there is info that can be gleaned from them as well. LSAT prep is getting expensive.

bp shinners

Re: Powerscore or Manhattan? Some insight from a noob

Postby bp shinners » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:28 am

MiracleNeeded wrote: I would buy blue print too but at $65 that is A bit steep.

Our book is $50 until June 1st if you order it through our site (and I believe the discount code TLS20 is still active, for another 20% off, though it might have expired by now).

Keasbey

Postby Keasbey » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:34 am

MiracleNeeded wrote:Here's why. The PS book really laid a nice solid step by step foundation for the LG. it taught me like a retarded 6 year old who just got beaten over the head with a ballpean hammer.

This was really the best way to make your point?

MiracleNeeded

Postby MiracleNeeded » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:41 pm

Keasbey wrote:
MiracleNeeded wrote:Here's why. The PS book really laid a nice solid step by step foundation for the LG. it taught me like a retarded 6 year old who just got beaten over the head with a ballpean hammer.

This was really the best way to make your point?

Just a little humor, don't be so sensitive.

MiracleNeeded

Postby MiracleNeeded » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:43 pm

bp shinners wrote:

Our book is $50 until June 1st if you order it through our site (and I believe the discount code TLS20 is still active, for another 20% off, though it might have expired by now).

Yeah, the discount code didn't work for me any chance you guys can renew it?

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:09 pm

MiracleNeeded wrote:
bp shinners wrote:

Yeah, the discount code didn't work for me any chance you guys can renew it?

EXPERT10, new code! $10 off.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”