Kindle version of Prep Books? Anyone? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
MiracleNeeded

Bronze

Kindle version of Prep Books? Anyone?

Post by MiracleNeeded » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:07 pm

I know, I've posted a lot of new topics, but I haven't seen this one yet. While looking on amazon for Manhattan LSAT I see they sell the books on Kindle for almost a third of the price.

Anyone try this yet? Is not being able to write IN the book an issue?

Clearly

Gold

Re: Kindle version of Prep Books? Anyone?

Post by Clearly » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:29 pm

I did a lot of work off of my computer monitor in studying, it has its ups and downs. I took an online prep course, with no printer. It's not such a big deal but not being able to cross answers off under your nose is a pain. I also scanned all my preptests to pdfs, and would do them off my ipad using a stylus and crossing off answers as usual, it was easier then printing them, but you still have to do LG on paper, just cant diagram with a stylus effectively. I would think working off actual explanation books; psc; mlsat RC book etc is fine on a kindle, but drilling is much easier on paper.

DildaMan

Bronze

Post by DildaMan » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:42 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
I did a lot of work off of my computer monitor in studying, it has its ups and downs. I took an online prep course, with no printer. It's not such a big deal but not being able to cross answers off under your nose is a pain. I also scanned all my preptests to pdfs, and would do them off my ipad using a stylus and crossing off answers as usual, it was easier then printing them, but you still have to do LG on paper, just cant diagram with a stylus effectively. I would think working off actual explanation books; psc; mlsat RC book etc is fine on a kindle, but drilling is much easier on paper.
^ This. Also doing constant studying on a backlit device hurt my eyes. I prefer the paper versions as I could work longer without taking breaks.

A.Taarabt7

Bronze

Post by A.Taarabt7 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:22 am

I prefer the prep books(physical)

but if you are just using Manhattan for strategy and u have PTs/Cambridge in physical form

then yea just use Manhattan kindle if for strategies purely.

For the LR exercises just write the dots, which represent the answers, in a notebook and cross off the dots while you read along the screen.
LG just draw the master diagram on your paper
RC just read off the screen and if you do the voyager method or do manhattans method just do it after you read a paragraph or the whole passage.

cahwc12

Silver

Post by cahwc12 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:41 am

MiracleNeeded wrote:I know, I've posted a lot of new topics, but I haven't seen this one yet. While looking on amazon for Manhattan LSAT I see they sell the books on Kindle for almost a third of the price.

Anyone try this yet? Is not being able to write IN the book an issue?
I used the Manhattan RC guide in kindle format and found it just fine. I think the LR guide would be fine as well if you don't like to annotate much or are reading it in more of a review capacity. I don't think there's much to knock as far as the ebook versions, as you can also view them on PC and such.

If you want physical copies to drill, you can just print the pages you want.

All that said, if money isn't an issue I would probably still spring for the hard copy.
A.Taarabt7 wrote:I prefer the prep books(physical)

but if you are just using Manhattan for strategy and u have PTs/Cambridge in physical form

then yea just use Manhattan kindle if for strategies purely.

For the LR exercises just write the dots, which represent the answers, in a notebook and cross off the dots while you read along the screen.
LG just draw the master diagram on your paper
RC just read off the screen and if you do the voyager method or do manhattans method just do it after you read a paragraph or the whole passage.
I really wish people would stop touting that method as good. He took statistically one of the easiest RC sections on test day and by his own admission he hyper-embellished that entire write-up. It's one long delusional troll. I think there are a few nice RC guides by TLSers on here, but that isn't one of them and it's a shame that it's passed around as canon. I've made good friends with probably a dozen or so top LSAT scorers in my time on the forum, and absolutely zero of them recommend taking copious margin notes for RC. In fact, most of them mark nothing in the passages at all. Even most top prep companies, while not openly advocating against margin notes, do generally support marking sparsely if at all.

MiracleNeeded

Bronze

Post by MiracleNeeded » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:26 am

Actually went and bought it last night. LG BOOK for $9, can't beat it, even if it sucks, and it doesn't. I'm on an iPad, so it helps I hate the actual kindle.

The crossing off answers part is tough, but I may just highlight in the future.

It is very similar to PS but there are some nice fresh differences. I needed something to get me moving again, this did it....for now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”