4%
Other (post ITT what it is)
4%

Total votes: 347

ManoftheHour

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby ManoftheHour » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:27 pm

doublehoohopeful wrote:
Nova wrote:What pencil is most likely to impress my peers?

--LinkRemoved--

$25??? Those are so TTT. From my experience, white erasers erase the best though.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:30 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
doublehoohopeful wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

$25??? Those are so TTT. From my experience, white erasers erase the best though.

25 for 144 pencils tho

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:28 pm

Nova wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
doublehoohopeful wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

25 for 144 pencils tho

And I'm bringing all 144 to the test. Sure, it was a bitch to get through all those with the Kum, but it'll all be worth it come score release day.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:32 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:And I'm bringing all 144 to the test. Sure, it was a bitch to get through all those with the Kum, but it'll all be worth it come score release day.

Are you going to get them sharpened? It's only $1.50 for a box of sharpened pencils. 144 pre-sharpened pencils. What a deal!

doublehoohopeful

Postby doublehoohopeful » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:40 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
And I'm bringing all 144 to the test. Sure, it was a bitch to get through all those with the Kum, but it'll all be worth it come score release day.

The number of pencils you bring to the LSAT is directly correlated with your perceived dominance.

Systematic1

Postby Systematic1 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:46 pm

Thirty pages on what number 2 pencil to bring? You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Postby 052220151 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:31 pm

Systematic1 wrote:Thirty pages on what number 2 pencil to bring? You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Why would we be kidding? This is a serious discussion about a tool that we need to use to achieve a common goal. Would it be weird to see a thread on which basketball shoes NBA players should wear? What about what type of saw and screwdrivers carpenters should use? Pencils are srs bizness.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:11 pm

doublehoohopeful wrote:

The number of pencils you bring to the LSAT is directly correlated with your perceived dominance.

And I am the fucking LSAT master.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:16 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:And I am the fucking LSAT master.

180 or bust

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:03 pm

Nova wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:And I am the fucking LSAT master when it comes to pencils*.

180 or bust

Systematic1

Postby Systematic1 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:26 pm

deputydog wrote:
Systematic1 wrote:Thirty pages on what number 2 pencil to bring? You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Why would we be kidding? This is a serious discussion about a tool that we need to use to achieve a common goal. Would it be weird to see a thread on which basketball shoes NBA players should wear? What about what type of saw and screwdrivers carpenters should use? Pencils are srs bizness.

Makes perfect sense. In fact, everyone should just spend all day obsessing over what pencil to use instead of actually studying.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:28 pm

Systematic1 wrote:
Makes perfect sense. In fact, everyone should just spend all day obsessing over what pencil to use instead of actually studying.

What's wrong with you?

PourMeTea

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:31 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

doublehoohopeful

Postby doublehoohopeful » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:38 pm

Systematic1 wrote:Makes perfect sense. In fact, everyone should just spend all day obsessing over what pencil to use instead of actually studying.

That's the plan. I really haven't been studying for 7 months averaging around 4 hours a day, I've just been banking on my nuanced pencil knowledge to come through on game day.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:54 pm

Systematic1 wrote:
deputydog wrote:

A good basketball player will play well regardless of what kind of shoes he wears (even no shoes for the matter). Shoes alone will not make a player great. Practice and workouts do. But all else equal, why would he NOT want the best basketball shoes for him? Rafael Nadal would probably dominate regardless of what kind of racket he uses. With all else being equal, why would he NOT want the best racket available?

Everyone should and has been studying. But on the day of this important exam, all else being equal, why would a good LSAT taker NOT want the best available pencil?

doublehoohopeful

Postby doublehoohopeful » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:10 pm

Also, Dre, why no love for the Palomino HBs in the new poll?

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:25 pm

doublehoohopeful wrote:Also, Dre, why no love for the Palomino HBs in the new poll?

JaviSTB

Postby JaviSTB » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:01 am

ManoftheHour wrote:
Systematic1 wrote:
deputydog wrote:

A good basketball player will play well regardless of what kind of shoes he wears (even no shoes for the matter). Shoes alone will not make a player great. Practice and workouts do. But all else equal, why would he NOT want the best basketball shoes for him? Rafael Nadal would probably dominate regardless of what kind of racket he uses. With all else being equal, why would he NOT want the best racket available?

Everyone should and has been studying. But on the day of this important exam, all else being equal, why would a good LSAT taker NOT want the best available pencil?

What benefit does a "better" pencil provide you? Better shoes provide better support and traction that can influence your game play. Your pencils are being used to make lines and to bubble. Thickness of line or softness are really irrelevant when doing those tasks. Maybe I'm not seeing it, but at that micro level of activity, I doubt the "benefit" that a "better" pencil can provide is statistically significant.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:32 am

JaviSTB12 wrote:
What benefit does a "better" pencil provide you? Better shoes provide better support and traction that can influence your game play. Your pencils are being used to make lines and to bubble. Thickness of line or softness are really irrelevant when doing those tasks. Maybe I'm not seeing it, but at that micro level of activity, I doubt the "benefit" that a "better" pencil can provide is statistically significant.

(someone's not going to get a high LSAT score)

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:33 am

doublehoohopeful wrote:Also, Dre, why no love for the Palomino HBs in the new poll?

added

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:37 am

I guess people are getting the message of the importance of pencil choice. Look at what people are buying in addition to pencils:

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:48 am

JaviSTB12 wrote:

Better grip, stronger lead , darker and crispier marks, less smudge, better eraser...

On such an important day, a TTT pencil is the last thing I want to worry about. I prepped well. Going to rip PT 69 a new one with my Ticon blacks tomorrow.

sublime

Postby sublime » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:49 am

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:52 am

sublime wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
JaviSTB12 wrote:

Better grip, stronger lead , darker and crispier marks, less smudge, better eraser...

On such an important day, a TTT pencil is the last thing I want to worry about. I prepped well. Going to rip PT 69 a new one with my Ticon blacks tomorrow.

Go to sleep, son! lol

Aight. Goodnight y'all.

sublime

Postby sublime » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:54 am

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”