What #2 Pencil Should I use?

What is your favorite #2 pencil?

Ticonderoga (original)
109
32%
Black Ticonderoga
130
38%
Tri-conderoga
22
6%
Blackwing 602
15
4%
Black Mirado Warrior
35
10%
Palomino's Golden Bear
2
1%
General's Semi-Hex
5
1%
Palomino HB
13
4%
Other (post ITT what it is)
13
4%
 
Total votes: 344

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby SteelPenguin » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Important question. When is the optimal time to sharpen your LSAT pencils? The morning of the LSAT, or sometime earlier? I'm going to sharpen most of mine ahead of time, but I think I'll go with one or two to sharpen right before the test.

User avatar
doublehoohopeful
Posts: 1050
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby doublehoohopeful » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:32 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:Important question. When is the optimal time to sharpen your LSAT pencils? The morning of the LSAT, or sometime earlier? I'm going to sharpen most of mine ahead of time, but I think I'll go with one or two to sharpen right before the test.

I'm thinking first light the morning of, a la this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9krNoGdCRk, except with pencils and pencil paraphernalia replacing the weapons. I also think it is necessary to have this music on repeat when you are preparing your pencils.

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby SteelPenguin » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:10 pm

doublehoohopeful wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:Important question. When is the optimal time to sharpen your LSAT pencils? The morning of the LSAT, or sometime earlier? I'm going to sharpen most of mine ahead of time, but I think I'll go with one or two to sharpen right before the test.

I'm thinking first light the morning of, a la this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9krNoGdCRk, except with pencils and pencil paraphernalia replacing the weapons. I also think it is necessary to have this music on repeat when you are preparing your pencils.


I think I'll do this, but with a Schwarzenegger version instead. Maybe Commando? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp1Bfh4BEPE This is far too short though. I'll see if I can find something more lengthy later.

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby 052220151 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:56 pm

I would like to let the SteelPenguin know that I PT'd a 180 with a triconderoga. They are sufficient to achieve a good scoar.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby Dr. Dre » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:34 pm

deputydog wrote:I would like to let the SteelPenguin know that I PT'd a 180 with a triconderoga. They are sufficient to achieve a good scoar.


YOU"RE BACK!

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby SteelPenguin » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:52 pm

deputydog wrote:I would like to let the SteelPenguin know that I PT'd a 180 with a triconderoga. They are sufficient to achieve a good scoar.


Yup, I've got a couple 180 PTs with them. I haven't scored below a 170 since I made the switch.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby Dr. Dre » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:21 pm

I added a new pencil to this thread.

If you're taking the June LSAT, please give a summary of how you felt with your new pencil choice.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:34 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby justonemoregame » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:40 pm

Re-sharpening during the exam is TTT - TCR if lead breaks is to toss over the right shoulder, like salt for good luck. Also, don't go into the exam with all freshly-sharpened pencils, you'll want to make a few circles first to get rid of the super sharp point (will cut the booklet).

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby Dr. Dre » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:42 pm

justonemoregame wrote:Re-sharpening during the exam is TTT - TCR if lead breaks is to toss over the right shoulder, like salt for good luck. Also, don't go into the exam with all freshly-sharpened pencils, you'll want to make a few circles first to get rid of the super sharp point (will cut the booklet).


TITCR

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:45 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby Dr. Dre » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:48 pm

PourMeTea wrote:
justonemoregame wrote:Re-sharpening during the exam is TTT - TCR if lead breaks is to toss over the right shoulder, like salt for good luck. Also, don't go into the exam with all freshly-sharpened pencils, you'll want to make a few circles first to get rid of the super sharp point (will cut the booklet).


Ok, but what about for practice? If I don't re-sharpen, all my pencils will end up on the floor.



Bullet Brass Sharpener is credited for drilling

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby justonemoregame » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:54 pm

Would it be possible to have some type of miniature automatic pencil sharpener that you could wear as a pendant on your necklace? I first imagined Dr. Dre sporting that brass sharpener on his gold chain, and this came to mind.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:56 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby Dr. Dre » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:58 pm

PourMeTea wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:
justonemoregame wrote:Re-sharpening during the exam is TTT - TCR if lead breaks is to toss over the right shoulder, like salt for good luck. Also, don't go into the exam with all freshly-sharpened pencils, you'll want to make a few circles first to get rid of the super sharp point (will cut the booklet).


Ok, but what about for practice? If I don't re-sharpen, all my pencils will end up on the floor.



Bullet Brass Sharpener is credited for drilling


Nice try
Image



are you going to be sharpening colored pencils? if you are then that comment would be relevant to your situation.

but you're not.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:01 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
doublehoohopeful
Posts: 1050
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby doublehoohopeful » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:57 pm

PourMeTea wrote:Just came in here to complain about the KUM long point sharpener. It takes too long.

What is the credited method to re-sharpen? 1 then 2, or just 2? TYIA

Really? the Long Point takes you too much time? Either you have to practice with it a bit more or you are impatient. After a couple of days playing with it, I got to the point where I can sharpen a virgin pencil in 2 minutes and maintain an already sharpened pencil in under 30 seconds.

Always use hole #1 until no more shavings come off of it, hole #2 is only designed to work with a fully exposed lead.


False. I own one and it pales in comparison to the Kum. I've managed to screw up points on Palomino HBs with the Brass Bullet, and at this point I consider myself a fairly knowledgable amateur artisinal sharpener (whatever the hell that means). While there is a bit of a learning curve to it, the Kum is second to none regardless of the situation, except for maybe this or this.

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby 052220151 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:13 am

Dr. Dre wrote:
deputydog wrote:I would like to let the SteelPenguin know that I PT'd a 180 with a triconderoga. They are sufficient to achieve a good scoar.


YOU"RE BACK!


Yea, I'm back player. I was banned so I could study hard and refine my pencil game.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby Nova » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:20 am

What pencil is most likely to impress my peers?

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby SteelPenguin » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:50 am

Nova wrote:What pencil is most likely to impress my peers?


An old Blackwing 602 (not the remake). They go for around $20+ per pencil on eBay.

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby 052220151 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:34 pm

Nova wrote:What pencil is most likely to impress my peers?



Image

This is a pic of me and a couple of my bros with the pencil we use to impress people.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby Nova » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:58 pm

deputydog wrote:
Nova wrote:What pencil is most likely to impress my peers?



Image

This is a pic of me and a couple of my bros with the pencil we use to impress people.

Epic pencil

Very impressive
SteelPenguin wrote:
Nova wrote:What pencil is most likely to impress my peers?


An old Blackwing 602 (not the remake). They go for around $20+ per pencil on eBay.

Cool. Ill get 5.

User avatar
manofjustice
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby manofjustice » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:I'm currently using Dixon's Ticonderoga #2 Black pencil. It's pretty soft when I write and has good grip.


You will be an excellent lawyer some day.

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby 052220151 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:51 pm

manofjustice wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:I'm currently using Dixon's Ticonderoga #2 Black pencil. It's pretty soft when I write and has good grip.


You will be an excellent lawyer some day.


When did you get back MOJ? Last i saw you went full retard in the mod Q&A thread and got banned, I thought it was permanent?

User avatar
doublehoohopeful
Posts: 1050
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby doublehoohopeful » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:00 pm

Nova wrote:What pencil is most likely to impress my peers?

--LinkRemoved--




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lahtso Nuggin, StopLawying and 8 guests