What #2 Pencil Should I use?

What is your favorite #2 pencil?

Ticonderoga (original)
109
32%
Black Ticonderoga
128
37%
Tri-conderoga
22
6%
Blackwing 602
15
4%
Black Mirado Warrior
35
10%
Palomino's Golden Bear
2
1%
General's Semi-Hex
5
1%
Palomino HB
13
4%
Other (post ITT what it is)
13
4%
 
Total votes: 342

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby Dr. Dre » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:47 pm

90convoy wrote:A sword is directly related to how a samurai kills people and defends himself (combat). A good samurai with a bad sword, or even mediocre, will do poorly in combat and die. A 180er is not going to get a 160 because of the pencil he uses. He could use crayon and still perform just as well, assuming crayon was allowed.


I colored the 2 parts of your argument. THey don't make sense when put together.

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby justonemoregame » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:48 pm

90convoy wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
alex.feuerman wrote:DUDE. Chill the **** out. A great pencil does not a great LSAT score make.


I'm not saying that a great sword will make a great samurai.

What I'm trying to articulate is that a great samurai will be better off in combat with a great sword, instead of mediocre sword.


A sword is directly related to how a samurai kills people and defends himself (combat). A good samurai with a bad sword, or even mediocre, will do poorly in combat and die. A 180er is not going to get a 160 because of the pencil he uses. He could use crayon and still perform just as well, assuming crayon was allowed.



I dare you to take the LSAT with soft lead.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby Dr. Dre » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:51 pm

Diagramming those conditionals require an excellent pencil.

Making scenarios for logic games also require an excellent pencil.

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby 90convoy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:52 pm

What I'm saying is that the pencil is not the main tool that allows you to do well on the LSAT. Your brain is. With a samurai the sword is.

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby justonemoregame » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:52 pm

90convoy wrote:What I'm saying is that the pencil is not the main tool that allows you to do well on the LSAT. Your brain is. With a samurai the sword is.


Ohh grasshopper, you are tso mistaken. Also, might want to invest in these:

http://www.amazon.com/General-Pencil-Po ... ccessories

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby Dr. Dre » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:56 pm

90convoy wrote:What I'm saying is that the pencil is not the main tool that allows you to do well on the LSAT. Your brain is.


Clearly you have never taken an LSAT.

Now, imagine your pencil's lead breaking in the middle of a mental inference during logic games. The time it takes to switch pencils would probably be too late to write that inference down. The LSAT, especially those logical games, is about writing everything down.

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby 90convoy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:03 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
90convoy wrote:What I'm saying is that the pencil is not the main tool that allows you to do well on the LSAT. Your brain is.


Clearly you have never taken an LSAT.

Now, imagine your pencil's lead breaking in the middle of a mental inference during logic games. The time it takes to switch pencils would probably be too late to write that inference down. The LSAT, especially those logical games, is about writing everything down.


Yes, I do understand that, but what I am trying to say is that a samurai is extremely more dependent upon his sword than an LSAT taker is a pencil. This is why a samurai can benefit so much from the sword choice. So with that in mind you can't make that connection between LSAT takers and a samurai.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby Dr. Dre » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:05 pm

LSAT taker is extremely dependent on a pencil (and the quality of it). A pencil is a necessary condition for a LSAT taker.

Try taking the LSAT without a pencil.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby Dr. Dre » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Trajectory wrote:Do you guys order most of these pencils or are they available at a local Staples or Office Max??


Staples.


But if you want the legendary Dixon Oriole, you need to get them from Amazon. I recently ordered mine. I will post my experience with them and will compare and contrast to Dixon's Ticonderoga BLack.

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby 90convoy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Try taking the LSAT without a pencil.


Yes, a sword for samurai and pencil for LSAT are both necessary. But the sword affects the samurai's performance more than a pencil, #2, affects LSAT takers. I'd much rather be an LSAT taker with a shitty pencil than a samurai with a shitty sword.

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby 052220151 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:17 pm

90convoy wrote:What I'm saying is that the pencil is not the main tool that allows you to do well on the LSAT. Your brain is. With a samurai the sword is.


This is dumb. Your brain isn't a tool. You could make this exact argument with the samurai dummy.

All I know is that, if in going into samurai battle, I want my samurai to be made by Dixon.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby Dr. Dre » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:17 pm

90convoy wrote: I'd much rather be an LSAT taker with a shitty pencil than a samurai with a shitty sword.


Trust me you don't want to.

User avatar
Merylian
Posts: 659
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby Merylian » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Pencil experts, why is it that mechanical pencils are not allowed for use on the LSAT? As someone who uses them exclusively, I was irritated that I needed to go buy wooden #2's for the test.

First time I took the LSAT, I used some generic crap pencils from CVS. They were terrible and I do not recommend at all. Second time I couldn't find the ones I hadn't used, so the night before I sharpened assorted half-used pencils I found around the house...much better results. Oh, and I used those eraser toppers pictured in previous pages, because I feel like the attached eraser is 9 times out of 10 a rock hard piece of shit that does nothing but smear graphite all over the page. Also, they are brightly colored and made me happy.

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby 052220151 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:18 pm

90convoy wrote:
Try taking the LSAT without a pencil.


Yes, a sword for samurai and pencil for LSAT are both necessary. But the sword affects the samurai's performance more than a pencil, #2, affects LSAT takers. I'd much rather be an LSAT taker with a shitty pencil than a samurai with a shitty sword.


This is also TTT reasoning.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby Dr. Dre » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:18 pm

deputydog wrote:
90convoy wrote:What I'm saying is that the pencil is not the main tool that allows you to do well on the LSAT. Your brain is. With a samurai the sword is.


This is dumb.

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby 90convoy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:24 pm

deputydog wrote:
90convoy wrote:What I'm saying is that the pencil is not the main tool that allows you to do well on the LSAT. Your brain is. With a samurai the sword is.


This is dumb. Your brain isn't a tool. You could make this exact argument with the samurai dummy.

All I know is that, if in going into samurai battle, I want my samurai to be made by Dixon.


Lol wut? since when is your brain not a tool?! and.... you can be DUMB and be a good samurai lol. You CANT be dumb and be a good LSAT taker. But, yes this argument is dumb.

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby 052220151 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:29 pm

90convoy wrote:
deputydog wrote:
90convoy wrote:What I'm saying is that the pencil is not the main tool that allows you to do well on the LSAT. Your brain is. With a samurai the sword is.


This is dumb. Your brain isn't a tool. You could make this exact argument with the samurai dummy.

All I know is that, if in going into samurai battle, I want my samurai to be made by Dixon.


Lol wut? since when is your brain not a tool?! and.... you can be DUMB and be a good samurai lol. You CANT be dumb and be a good LSAT taker. But, yes this argument is dumb.


Seeing as a samurai has to condition his brain to react to certain stimuli (Samurai duels) and LSAT takers have to condition their brains to react to certain stimuli (LSAT tests), your argument didn't serve it's purpose. Also, I'm a dumb and I PT in the 170s.

You're dumb.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby Dr. Dre » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:30 pm

90convoy wrote:
Lol wut? since when is your brain not a tool?! and.... you can be DUMB and be a good samurai lol. You CANT be dumb and be a good LSAT taker. But, yes this argument is dumb.



If you are going to make TTTT arguments I suggest you make them inside the buildings of UC Irvine Law school.

EDIT:

Come back when you have thoroughly studied the Manhattan books I recommended to you. Then we could have a reasonable discussion.

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby 90convoy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:39 pm

deputydog wrote:
90convoy wrote:
deputydog wrote:
90convoy wrote:What I'm saying is that the pencil is not the main tool that allows you to do well on the LSAT. Your brain is. With a samurai the sword is.


This is dumb. Your brain isn't a tool. You could make this exact argument with the samurai dummy.

All I know is that, if in going into samurai battle, I want my samurai to be made by Dixon.


Lol wut? since when is your brain not a tool?! and.... you can be DUMB and be a good samurai lol. You CANT be dumb and be a good LSAT taker. But, yes this argument is dumb.


Seeing as a samurai has to condition his brain to react to certain stimuli (Samurai duels) and LSAT takers have to condition their brains to react to certain stimuli (LSAT tests), your argument didn't serve it's purpose. Also, I'm a dumb and I PT in the 170s.

You're dumb.


You aren't dumb, unless your definition of dumb is that ambiguous. And so what if you have to condition your brain to react to samurai duels? THAT DOESNT MAKE YOU SMART. Idiots train there brain everyday for random stimuli too. If you are saying that you can be dumb and score a 170 then ur fucked up.

My argument is still sound.

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby 90convoy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:41 pm

I'm done thread jacking though. If you wanna continue PM me.

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby 052220151 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:46 pm

90convoy wrote:You aren't dumb, unless your definition of dumb is that ambiguous. And so what if you have to condition your brain to react to samurai duels? THAT DOESNT MAKE YOU SMART. Idiots train there brain everyday for random stimuli too. If you are saying that you can be dumb and score a 170 then ur fucked up.

My argument is still sound.


Go read the LR book Dr. Dre told you to buy. Come back when you finish it and tell me why your reasoning here sucks. Then apologize to Dr. Dre for shitting up his previously awesome thread.

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby 90convoy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:53 pm

Go read the LR book Dr. Dre told you to buy. Come back when you finish it and tell me why your reasoning here sucks. Then apologize to Dr. Dre for shitting up his previously awesome thread.

:) you bet!

User avatar
warandpeace
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby warandpeace » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:55 pm

why would your pencil break during the test? are you stabbing the exam in order to make kabobs?

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby Dr. Dre » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:55 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:Would you guys recommend putting one of those eraser thingys on a pencil? Or just use the original eraser?


Image


That's fucking awesome. The original eraser sucks ass. Why didn't I think of that? Lol.



Actually the original eraser is pretty good. One of the best erasers a pencil can have. I added the extra blue eraser because I wanted to try something new. So far, when I erase, the blue eraser seems securely attached to the pencil.


Image

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: What #2 Pencil Should I use?

Postby Dr. Dre » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:56 pm

warandpeace wrote:why would your pencil break during the test? are you stabbing the exam in order to make kabobs?


Have you used those crappy Staples brand pencils before? You will know what I'm talking about.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests