Advice: Don't take Logic while Studying for LSAT

jared6180

Advice: Don't take Logic while Studying for LSAT

Postby jared6180 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:54 am

Taking a college Logic class while studying for LSAT has been my worst idea ever. The LSAT stops at assuming the premises are true, and is actually much easier than formal logic in the classroom, where the premises are NOT always true. I felt good about my LSAT study, now I am completely doubting both my LSAT study and my class. DO NOT DO THIS TO YOURSELF! Take a Logic class before or after LSAT study but not during LSAT study!

amuseboosh

Re: Advice: Don't take Logic while Studying for LSAT

Postby amuseboosh » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:49 pm

You should try reading: A Rulebook for Arguments by Anthony Weston, I found that helped at lot with my logical thinking

jared6180

Postby jared6180 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Thought about doing that, just seems like there is no time now with 16 credit hours and LSAT prep.

apollo13

Postby apollo13 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:28 pm

jared6180 wrote:Taking a college Logic class while studying for LSAT has been my worst idea ever. The LSAT stops at assuming the premises are true, and is actually much easier than formal logic in the classroom, where the premises are NOT always true. I felt good about my LSAT study, now I am completely doubting both my LSAT study and my class. DO NOT DO THIS TO YOURSELF! Take a Logic class before or after LSAT study but not during LSAT study!

Hey man, I totally feel you. I, too, am taking a class on formal logic thinking that its going to complement my LSAT studying. But turns out its more time-consuming than studying for the lsats. Seriously, it takes away so much time/energy from studying for the LSATS. Also, it's neat that I am also learning about other fallacious induction but sometimes it's just too much. Well, nice to know there's another fella dealing with what I am going through. Hang in there man

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”