. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Kharon542

New

Post by Kharon542 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:56 am

Last edited by Kharon542 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scotusnerd

Silver

Re: Am I on the right track?

Post by Scotusnerd » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:03 am

You're the only one who can work out strategies for you. That said, I think that you're at the point where you understand basic concepts. You're limited by your inability to take a whole test at one sitting right now, which is crucial to further development.

Personally, I think you have the basic idea down. I'd focus more on test review and getting comfortable taking the test under timed conditions.

The reason I'm mentioning this is because of your comments on confidence. You're not fully used to the test. Once you get time off, take a week or so off (to avoid burnout), then plunge right in to taking a full test every other day.

Also, do yourself a favor and take FIVE-part tests and not just four-part tests. What I did was simply take five parts in a row in the LSAT book. It didn't matter where I stopped or ended in a test itself. I'd score the tests individually afterwards. I felt that really helped with mental endurance when the actual test rolled around.

You sound a lot smarter than me, you just need to get used to actual test taking conditions. I think you're gonna do fine. Good luck, and I hope you get into some good schools!

Kharon542

New

Post by Kharon542 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:57 pm

Thank you very much, I appreciate the help!

kdog1147

New

Post by kdog1147 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:20 am

Josh4737 wrote:Hey everyone,

I began with a cold score of 154 on the June 2007 LSAT last year. I have taken a few tests after that during the few months I have been studying. Each time I felt relatively uncertain at what I was going to score after I finished the test. I scored a 162, a 167, a 167, and then a 163.

I began studying regularly during January of this year. I have been drilling LG (although I haven't finished all the sections) and finished the LG bible. I read the RC bible and read economist articles using a strategy I found on the forums. For LR I just finished the bible.

Recently I took the Superprep B test and I ended with a 167. I scored a -7 on LR1, -3 on LG, -4 on RC, and -4 on LR2. Although I thought I had done better on some sections and worse on others, I knew that I had scored around a 165, give or take a few points. I didn't guess as much/felt more confident, despite finding the test really difficult.
I am wondering if the past few months have been useful, or if I should switch study plans. I ask because I haven't increased my point score over the past two months. I work for an average of 1 to 2 hours a day. Depending on the week I might average 3. During the month of May when school ends I will be able to study full time.

Currently my plans for the next month/month and a half for the 3 sections are as follows:

LG - Continue drilling while reading the Blueprint LG books
RC - Continue reading economist/psych central articles
LR - Begin drilling by question type, reading the LR bible for that section before drilling
Every weekend I plan on taking a practice test and reviewing it over the following day or two

Even though I seem to have plateaued, is this a valid strategy for moving forward? I'm currently aiming at a 174+ by June? Thank you very much!
Same boat but I plan to do more tests themselves in timed conditions. Getting used to the conditions and comfortable with the time could be those crucial few points on the harder sections. I hope things go well for you too!

Thelonious Kwiggz

New

Post by Thelonious Kwiggz » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:38 pm

Your on the right track but the uncertainty is derived from the pressure of answering with time constraints. I agree with what the members above posted above, but I would also suggest drilling LR by number rather than type. What I mean is first 5 in 5 min review mistakes if none do 10 in 10 min if any wrong review that question type chapter in LR Bible or LR Strategy Guide Manhattan, and finally 15 in 15min same process as mentioned before. Also with RC and LG I would suggest the two games or two passages in 12-14min method. Do the first two that quickly(-0) and you will not feel that much pressure on the last two and be able to take your time and investigate difficult question without feeling threatened by time constraints. I wish you the best and I hope you score 175+ come June. These are only recommendations for drills and not PT s

Last note, I am not suggesting test day to do questions that quickly but the ability to do them that quickly(and accurately) in practice allows comfortability to do them at a slow steady pace come game day.

Sincerely

Thelonious

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Squintz805

New

Post by Squintz805 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:55 am

^^Very Helpful. Cheers!

Skill Game

New

Post by Skill Game » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:25 am

You need to register for the LSAT by mid-May, so you would need to be PTing at least what your goal is by then. Remember most people drop their score on the actual test, so if your actual goal is 174, then you need to be consistently scoring 176+.

Kharon542

New

Post by Kharon542 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:57 am

Thank you for the advice. If I wanted a specific testing center should I register earlier or do I not need to worry about it filling up. The test center is Lehigh University.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”