should I keep taking PTs? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
rutgers17

Bronze

should I keep taking PTs?

Post by rutgers17 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:37 pm

So I just had my first powerscore live online class last night and the instructor said to take an initial diagnostic this week (I've already taken 2 PT's before the class started) and then not to take another for like 5 weeks -- just do the hw and other practice problems.

What do you guys think about that? Everything I've been reading says to take as many PTs as possible. My plan was to take one per week up until about mid-May and start taking 2-3 per week. Should I stick to this or hold off like the instructor suggested?

Thanks!

Daily_Double

Silver

Re: should I keep taking PTs?

Post by Daily_Double » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:10 pm

rutgers17 wrote:So I just had my first powerscore live online class last night and the instructor said to take an initial diagnostic this week (I've already taken 2 PT's before the class started) and then not to take another for like 5 weeks -- just do the hw and other practice problems.

What do you guys think about that? Everything I've been reading says to take as many PTs as possible. My plan was to take one per week up until about mid-May and start taking 2-3 per week. Should I stick to this or hold off like the instructor suggested?

Thanks!
Great idea if and only if you're not testing in June. If you're testing in June and your previous two PTs are below 160 and your goal is 170+, I'd advise reevaluating your options. October might be better for you. That being said, if money isn't an option, then I'd suggest you follow the advice of your instructor and working in Manhattan's books during these five weeks and some drilling. Then move into more drilling. Take it in June, consider it another PT, keep drilling/studying during the second week of June, move to full PTs in mid June, keep learning from your mistakes, register for October and crush it then.

Oh an taking as many PTs as possible is great advice if and only if you're ready to begin taking PTs.

rutgers17

Bronze

Post by rutgers17 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:27 pm

My first 2 PTs were 160 and 170, i'm planning to take it in June and hoping for at least a 170 (really hopefully 175+). I plan on studying every weekday for 2-3 hours, Saturday 4-5 hours, and then Sunday is my class (3 hours) plus another 3-4 hours of studying/PTs.

In my case, do you think I should hold off on PTs if I'm taking the June test (like the instructor suggested) or go ahead with my original plan?

Thank you for your advice!

drive4showLSAT4dough

Bronze

Post by drive4showLSAT4dough » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:32 pm

Master the material through untimed drilling by question type. Then do timed drilling by question type. Then timed PTs.

If you want a 170+, taking a timed PT before you have fully mastered the material is a waste of time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”