To Improve LR

whereskyle

To Improve LR

Postby whereskyle » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:42 am

-5 total on two LR sections last October. Studied powerscore LR. Should I pick up Manhattan, Cambridge, or both?

Trajectory

Re: To Improve LR

Postby Trajectory » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:31 am

I'm in the middle of my practice for LR too. I was at around -6 or -7 for EACH LR section. I bought the Manhattan LR book, Powerscore LR Bible and Cambridge. Read through both Manhattan and Powerscore. Rereading Powerscore 2nd time and will also do Manhattan again. Drilled by question type in the Cambridge book as I was going along. I am at around -2 per section now. And 90% of the time, they are stupid mistakes.

Pick up both.

mvonh001

Postby mvonh001 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:49 am

Trajectory wrote:I'm in the middle of my practice for LR too. I was at around -6 or -7 for EACH LR section. I bought the Manhattan LR book, Powerscore LR Bible and Cambridge. Read through both Manhattan and Powerscore. Rereading Powerscore 2nd time and will also do Manhattan again. Drilled by question type in the Cambridge book as I was going along. I am at around -2 per section now. And 90% of the time, they are stupid mistakes.

Pick up both.

did you drill all the levels of difficulty within the cambridge packets? or did you focus on 1's and 2's and if you NEEDED it you would do 3's and 4's?

sighsigh

Postby sighsigh » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:16 am

All those books are for people who want to learn the basics. If you are getting that kind of score in LR regularly you obviously understand the basics and a whole lot more very well. I doubt any book can help you improve. To get better you need to make sure you properly review the questions you get wrong and find a way to reduce your small mistakes (if applicable). Turn to Manhatten LSAT forums for specific question explanations.

whereskyle

Postby whereskyle » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:23 am

sighsigh wrote:All those books are for people who want to learn the basics. If you are getting that kind of score in LR regularly you obviously understand the basics and a whole lot more very well. I doubt any book can help you improve. To get better you need to make sure you properly review the questions you get wrong and find a way to reduce your small mistakes (if applicable). Turn to Manhatten LSAT forums for specific question explanations.

Hey, thanks for that. I've definitely completed correctly %100 of certain LR sections. On game day, I went -5 one section, -0 on another. I think I'll purchase the Cambridge packets and try to critique my thought processes, so as to firm up any inconsistencies. If anyone thinks MLSAT teaches some coveted tricks, let me know. Thanks, all.

steven21

Postby steven21 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:02 pm

Last edited by steven21 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trajectory

Postby Trajectory » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:37 am

mvonh001 wrote:
Trajectory wrote:I'm in the middle of my practice for LR too. I was at around -6 or -7 for EACH LR section. I bought the Manhattan LR book, Powerscore LR Bible and Cambridge. Read through both Manhattan and Powerscore. Rereading Powerscore 2nd time and will also do Manhattan again. Drilled by question type in the Cambridge book as I was going along. I am at around -2 per section now. And 90% of the time, they are stupid mistakes.

Pick up both.

did you drill all the levels of difficulty within the cambridge packets? or did you focus on 1's and 2's and if you NEEDED it you would do 3's and 4's?

I didn't get the Cambridge packet, I only went with the Cambridge book that had 1000+ LR questions from a number of tests, so I don't think I had the 1-4 levels of difficulty you're talking about. Although I've been thinking about getting that too. The Cambridge book I have just has pages of problems devoted to each question type

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”