How would you Breakdown Studying for Each Section?

Squintz805

How would you Breakdown Studying for Each Section?

Postby Squintz805 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:33 am

Whether you studied for 1 month, 3 months, 6, or a year - what is/was the percentage of time you spent between drilling, taking PTs, reading news articles (i.e., The Economist), surfing TLS, or other festivities?

Also, how would you say you distributed your time between studying specifically LG, LR, and RC?

Im really starting to get into the peak of my studying for the June '13 LSAT and want to here the advice of others on what has worked well for them. If you could, what would you have started doing sooner or spent more time doing. Just to note: I've finished the LRB and LGB, have been drilling by game/question type for about a month, and am going to start taking PT's strenuously - identifying my weaknesses, eliminating them, and so on and so forth.

mvonh001

Re: How would you Breakdown Studying for Each Section?

Postby mvonh001 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:53 am

8 weeks doing LG (mainly because i was slow and not dedicated in the beginning), 8 weeks doing LR w/ 2 lg sections weekly to keep fresh, and 5-6 weeks doing 3-4 full (5 section) pts a week. 2 RC sections once a week for the entire 21 weeks. During the 8 weeks of LG i focused on drilling, during the 8 weeks of LR i focused on drilling, and during the 5 weeks of PT i will focus on putting it all together, with the experience i have from doing RC and LG every week.

WHen im not studying, which is roughly 9 hours of my 12 waking hours. I am either in school, browsing TLS, or watching tv.

I could condense my LR into about 6 weeks if i was desperate to, but I dont see the benefit of that and i have printed a whole schedule so every PT is being utilized already. I can send it to you if you want. just let me know.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:10 pm

mvonh001 wrote:8 weeks doing LG (mainly because i was slow and not dedicated in the beginning), 8 weeks doing LR w/ 2 lg sections weekly to keep fresh, and 5-6 weeks doing 3-4 full (5 section) pts a week. 2 RC sections once a week for the entire 21 weeks. During the 8 weeks of LG i focused on drilling, during the 8 weeks of LR i focused on drilling, and during the 5 weeks of PT i will focus on putting it all together, with the experience i have from doing RC and LG every week.

WHen im not studying, which is roughly 9 hours of my 12 waking hours. I am either in school, browsing TLS, or watching tv.

I could condense my LR into about 6 weeks if i was desperate to, but I dont see the benefit of that and i have printed a whole schedule so every PT is being utilized already. I can send it to you if you want. just let me know.

Were you strong in RC beforehand, or just didnt see as much utility in focusing on it?

Also, you sleep 12 hours a night?!

Squintz805

Postby Squintz805 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:22 pm

mvonh001 wrote: i have printed a whole schedule so every PT is being utilized already. I can send it to you if you want. just let me know.

That would be fantastic. thanks for the input mate, its literally spot on for what Im trying to organize for the rest of my studies

mvonh001

Postby mvonh001 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:54 pm

weathercoins wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:8 weeks doing LG (mainly because i was slow and not dedicated in the beginning), 8 weeks doing LR w/ 2 lg sections weekly to keep fresh, and 5-6 weeks doing 3-4 full (5 section) pts a week. 2 RC sections once a week for the entire 21 weeks. During the 8 weeks of LG i focused on drilling, during the 8 weeks of LR i focused on drilling, and during the 5 weeks of PT i will focus on putting it all together, with the experience i have from doing RC and LG every week.

Were you strong in RC beforehand, or just didnt see as much utility in focusing on it?

Also, you sleep 12 hours a night?!

I dont know how strong i was, the first RC section i ever did i got -5 (-4 and ran out of time for the last 1) So i don't think i was that strong.

I only did it 2 sections a week because after all i have read online it seemed that it would be wasted time, or time i can better spend doing other things.

And I try to get into bed about 12 hours before i need to wake up, obviously this doesnt happen every night.

mvonh001

Postby mvonh001 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:57 pm

HEre is the link to the file i created. Remember that I am only doing the 1's and 2's of LR so the numbers next to the section reflect that. You can also add days together because of the pace i set was intended for 21 weeks. The blanks are fill in your own on anything you think you need help with. and the blanks on the right side of the page are for your number wrong. Also the Chapters it says are for the MLSAT LR and LG books to coincide with the upcoming problems... Let me know if it helps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8h1vw21ap6st ... HEDULE.pdf

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”