Need help.......Just ordered set of Manhattan prep books

NanaP

Need help.......Just ordered set of Manhattan prep books

Postby NanaP » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:33 pm

So I just ordered the manhattan set of three prep books, my question how did you study these? One at a time, or did you do a section each week. In other words did you study login games one week and next week moved on to logic reasoning......etc....or did you do one book at a time?

it'sjustme

Re: Need help.......Just ordered set of Manhattan prep books

Postby it'sjustme » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:31 pm

I had a schedule similar to the following with the Manhattan books:

Monday: Read first 1-2 chapters of reading comprehension Manhattan book. Read individual passages with the lessons in mind taught from the first two chapters. I divided the number of passages left to complete (aside from those reserved for full-length tests on Saturdays) by the number of weeks left until the test. Same principle applies for Logic Games and Logical Reasoning. Start untimed, then move to timed when you get every question correct under untimed conditions.

Tuesday and Wednesday: Read about the first type of logic games (basic ordering, for example). Proceed to complete every basic ordering game, individually. I started off completing them untimed, working eventually to time them. I started timing them when I eventually got every untimed question correct.

Thursday and Friday: Read the first question type in Logical Reasoning. Proceed to answer every type of that question throughout the practice test books (in addition to the questions given in the Manhattan book). Begin untimed, then time them when you get every question correct under untimed conditions.

Saturday: Full practice test / review practice test.

Sunday: Nothing.

Edit: And just a note on the quality of the Manhattan book on logic games - I studied for the LSAT over 1.5 years before starting Manhattan's books. I could not get better than around twelve questions missed on logic games (I think I went -14 on the June '12 test). Four months later, after studying with Manhattan, I went -5 on the October '12 test. However, every book is excellent, but LG was my major problem area.

NanaP

Postby NanaP » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:53 pm

it'sjustme wrote:I had a schedule similar to the following with the Manhattan books:

Monday: Read first 1-2 chapters of reading comprehension Manhattan book. Read individual passages with the lessons in mind taught from the first two chapters. I divided the number of passages left to complete (aside from those reserved for full-length tests on Saturdays) by the number of weeks left until the test. Same principle applies for Logic Games and Logical Reasoning. Start untimed, then move to timed when you get every question correct under untimed conditions.

Tuesday and Wednesday: Read about the first type of logic games (basic ordering, for example). Proceed to complete every basic ordering game, individually. I started off completing them untimed, working eventually to time them. I started timing them when I eventually got every untimed question correct.

Thursday and Friday: Read the first question type in Logical Reasoning. Proceed to answer

every type of that question throughout the practice test books (in addition to the questions given in the Manhattan book). Begin untimed, then time them when you get every question correct under untimed conditions.

Saturday: Full practice test / review practice test.

Sunday: Nothing.

Edit: And just a note on the quality of the Manhattan book on logic games - I studied for the LSAT over 1.5 years before starting Manhattan's books. I could not get better than around twelve questions missed on logic games (I think I went -14 on the June '12 test). Four months later, after studying with Manhattan, I went -5 on the October '12 test. However, every book is excellent, but LG was my major problem area.

Thanks a lot..this really helps, I bought the Nova book and went through everything, but I made the mistake of doing the sections timed, and took the practice test and bombed, I had atleast 10 questions to go on each section so I guessed on the rest which led me to bomb the PT....so I have hope that if I can start untimed and then move to timed as I get better i may be able to do better.......is this a good strategy?

it'sjustme

Postby it'sjustme » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:11 pm

NanaP wrote:Thanks a lot..this really helps, I bought the Nova book and went through everything, but I made the mistake of doing the sections timed, and took the practice test and bombed, I had atleast 10 questions to go on each section so I guessed on the rest which led me to bomb the PT....so I have hope that if I can start untimed and then move to timed as I get better i may be able to do better.......is this a good strategy?

Yes. I think you should see real improvement with it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”