Review process for LR

mvonh001

Review process for LR

Postby mvonh001 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:57 am

I just began the LR portion of my studying schedule, and Im a bit curious as to how everyone here recommends I go over the questions that I just completed. For example, yesterday i did 50 must be true questions and got 3 wrong... Now what do i do with those 3? Do i just look at them and understand why the answer i chose was wrong? Should i write it down somewhere? Any help is appreciated... thanks

CardozoLaw09

Re: Review process for LR

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:07 am

For the three you got wrong, try and figure out what characteristic about that answer choice led you to choose it when you were going through the answers. The key to reviewing your wrong answers is to alter your thought process so that you don't repeat your mistakes. In order to alter your thought process, you have to determine precisely what about your pattern of thinking led you to selecting that answer choice. Once you figure this out, it's important to make note of it so that you don't make that mistake again. Also try and determine why you overlooked the correct answer choice, and of course, why it's correct.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:26 am

CardozoLaw09 wrote:For the three you got wrong, try and figure out what characteristic about that answer choice led you to choose it when you were going through the answers. The key to reviewing your wrong answers is to alter your thought process so that you don't repeat your mistakes. In order to alter your thought process, you have to determine precisely what about your pattern of thinking led you to selecting that answer choice. Once you figure this out, it's important to make note of it so that you don't make that mistake again. Also try and determine why you overlooked the correct answer choice, and of course, why it's correct.

Great advice, which I'm going to rephrase as two questions:
1) What about the right answer choice made me think it was wrong?
2) What about the wrong answer choice made me think it was right?

The writers of the LSAT are actively trying to trick you into overlooking correct answers and picking wrong ones. If you can figure out the tricks they're using successfully on you, you'll see your score increase.

cricketlove00

Postby cricketlove00 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:13 pm

bp shinners wrote:
CardozoLaw09 wrote:For the three you got wrong, try and figure out what characteristic about that answer choice led you to choose it when you were going through the answers. The key to reviewing your wrong answers is to alter your thought process so that you don't repeat your mistakes. In order to alter your thought process, you have to determine precisely what about your pattern of thinking led you to selecting that answer choice. Once you figure this out, it's important to make note of it so that you don't make that mistake again. Also try and determine why you overlooked the correct answer choice, and of course, why it's correct.

Great advice, which I'm going to rephrase as two questions:
1) What about the right answer choice made me think it was wrong?
2) What about the wrong answer choice made me think it was right?

The writers of the LSAT are actively trying to trick you into overlooking correct answers and picking wrong ones. If you can figure out the tricks they're using successfully on you, you'll see your score increase.

It helps me if I write down the answer to these questions for each answer choice. Ultimately, also try to find out what tricked you and write it down as well. Understanding the tricks of the LSAT can help you avoid them.

mvonh001

Postby mvonh001 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:56 pm

Do you recommend drilling lr by type with the Cambridge packets? If so would you drill all the questions in the entire packet up to difficulty 4? Or would you just drill 1-2. I ask because I just read that you should only drill from difficulties 1-2, but if your getting all of the 1-2's right and 37/100 of the 3-4 level difficulties I don't see how drilling those as well wouldn't be beneficial. Input would be great. Thanks

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”