I need help studying for the June Lsat

r_4348
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:46 pm

I need help studying for the June Lsat

Postby r_4348 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:27 pm

Hi everyone I'm taking my lsat this June, 10 2013 and I need your advice because I'm so lost and confused every time I study. I took practice test online and I got 128 and I know that I have a lot of work to do to prove my score to get into law school. The books that i start to study from is my LGB, LGR, I took the power score class last year so I have all the books and I have some of the 10 More Actual, Official LSAT Preptests. I think I'm so weak in all the sections on the test. If someone can help me and tell me the right way to do this I will appreciate it :cry:

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: I need help studying for the June Lsat

Postby Daily_Double » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:44 pm

I'm not telling you to take it in October, but I'm lazy and refuse to type this again. Check out my post HERE, it outlines what you should do, when you should do it, and some tips for the sections. Read those things, then get to work.

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: I need help studying for the June Lsat

Postby JXander » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:47 pm


sammy416
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:48 pm

Re: I need help studying for the June Lsat

Postby sammy416 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:15 pm

Wow, you have the same unfortunate events that occurred with me also. What I mean is that, I made a 128 on my first diagnostic test, I am currently scheduled for the June 10, 2013 test, I have the same exact prep materials as you do and I am completely lost. However, I am still very optimistic for some odd reason. Furthermore, all that I am focused on is positively killing this LSAT!

mystikal
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:07 am

Re: I need help studying for the June Lsat

Postby mystikal » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:25 am

Don't worry guys...Just be diligent on your study habits.. Get the bibles and review them...if your having issues there is plenty of other resources for the LG section online...
http://www.7sage.com is great (plus they have a trial, check that out)
so is lsatblog
Understand the concepts before wasting another 4 hours and a LSAT practice test..
Get the Bibles or Manhattan Prep.
:D Best of Luck
pm me if any other questions

r_4348
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: I need help studying for the June Lsat

Postby r_4348 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:08 pm

Thank you so much. I'm just freaking out because June Lsat is the only chance that I got.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: I need help studying for the June Lsat

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:13 pm

r_4348 wrote:Thank you so much. I'm just freaking out because June Lsat is the only chance that I got.


Why not? Your 128 can move up, but it will take time. I wouldn't handicapp yourself to the june LSAT without a damn good reason

User avatar
Iroh
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:20 pm

Re: I need help studying for the June Lsat

Postby Iroh » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:19 pm

r_4348 wrote:Hi everyone I'm taking my lsat this June, 10 2013 and I need your advice because I'm so lost and confused every time I study. I took practice test online and I got 128 and I know that I have a lot of work to do to prove my score to get into law school. The books that i start to study from is my LGB, LGR, I took the power score class last year so I have all the books and I have some of the 10 More Actual, Official LSAT Preptests. I think I'm so weak in all the sections on the test. If someone can help me and tell me the right way to do this I will appreciate it :cry:


I'm a little confused. You took the PowerScore class a year ago? And you just took your very first practice test recently? Is that what happened?

Did you get any feedback at all while you were taking the Power Score class? Because to go through an entire class and still only get about a quarter of the questions right on a PT is just not good (no offense). If you actually did take this practice test recently, I don't think 2 1/2 months is enough time to bring your score up to an adequate level. Where do you want to go to school? Because even with a 30 point increase, you're going to be shut out from just about every school worth going to. Judging from your post, it seems like English is not your first language. If this is so, you're unfortunately going to have to work even harder, and longer, than the rest of us.

r_4348
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: I need help studying for the June Lsat

Postby r_4348 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Yea I took the powerscore class in 2011. But I didn't help me that much but I got some things out of it. So I took the real LSAT and I didn't do that well on it. So, in 2012 I start studying a little while I was working full time. I took that practice test in the end of Jan 6 and I got on 128 so I been studying since that on my own. But I feel that the way that I'm studying is wrong so I tried to change it a lot. I got all the books that I need and I'm thinking to take a practice test today to see if I did improve since I took my first practice test. What you think?
and yes you are right English is not my first language. I really want to do this and I'm welling to do whatever it takes to bring my score up. I was thinking to take a class in April to help me out. What you think? Or if you can tell me a diff way of studying that it worked for you. Thank you

User avatar
J-e-L-L-o
Posts: 418
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:42 am

Re: I need help studying for the June Lsat

Postby J-e-L-L-o » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:33 pm

You will need to study longer and work on your writing skills in the English language.

Keep in mind being a lawyer is not for everyone.

User avatar
Iroh
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:20 pm

Re: I need help studying for the June Lsat

Postby Iroh » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:03 am

r_4348 wrote:Yea I took the powerscore class in 2011. But I didn't help me that much but I got some things out of it. So I took the real LSAT and I didn't do that well on it. So, in 2012 I start studying a little while I was working full time. I took that practice test in the end of Jan 6 and I got on 128 so I been studying since that on my own. But I feel that the way that I'm studying is wrong so I tried to change it a lot. I got all the books that I need and I'm thinking to take a practice test today to see if I did improve since I took my first practice test. What you think?
and yes you are right English is not my first language. I really want to do this and I'm welling to do whatever it takes to bring my score up. I was thinking to take a class in April to help me out. What you think? Or if you can tell me a diff way of studying that it worked for you. Thank you


Okay, let me make sure I've got the timeline correct. You took the PS class in 2011. Then you sat for an ACTUAL LSAT exam, and did not do very well. So you started studying again in January, took a PT on the 6th, and scored a 128. Is that all correct? If so, here are some questions.

1) Was your score on the actual LSAT about the same as your recent practice test?
2) Did the tutors at Power Score give you any useful feedback about how you were doing? If so, was your actual LSAT score about what you expected it to be? This is an unusual situation and I'm just trying to wrap my head around it.

I have yet to take the actual LSAT (my diagnostic back in the fall was a 160, I'm aiming for 175+ come June), so obviously my advice should be taken with a grain of salt. But I would say that if you're consistently doing that poorly on the LSAT, it may be that your grasp of the English language is simply not strong enough right now. This might be why you didn't get much out of Power Score. Many LSAT questions are purposely written in a convoluted manner to trip up test-takers. It's difficult for native English speakers. So even if you understand how to tackle a necessary assumption question, it might still take you too long to even comprehend the stimulus, let alone all the different answer choices.

I'm not trying to crush your dreams or anything, but a 128 is literally the lowest score I've heard anyone mention on this site, even for a PT, particularly after having already taken a prep course. So I'll ask once again: where do you want to go to school? If you don't care at all where you go to school, you can stop studying now. Someplace will take you, even if it's just the People's College of Law. However, if the quality of your law school actually matters to you, POSTPONE the LSAT. For as long as you can. Spend the time you've been using to study to improve your English instead.

Or, as Jello said, think about a different career. It's okay; plenty of people with 170+ scores are apparently doing just that.

6lehderjets
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: I need help studying for the June Lsat

Postby 6lehderjets » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:47 am

As a non-native english, your approach may need to be altered. I think ur performance on logic games can be improved with hardcore drilling. Go through powerscore or Manhattan and do all the drills and games, multiple times. With logical reasoning you need to make sure you undrstand what the question stem says. For example, can you distinguish what an assumption question is asking you versus a justify the conclusion question? You can improve, but it will take effort and time. Good luck.

amuseboosh
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:18 pm

Re: I need help studying for the June Lsat

Postby amuseboosh » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:50 pm

I agree drilling is KEY. Do every logic game at least 3 times




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bearedman8, jen203, mintme, Rogah, SunDevil14 and 9 guests