Multiple Regression Analysis for LSAT Scores Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
statslaw

New

Multiple Regression Analysis for LSAT Scores

Post by statslaw » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:41 pm

I've been reading these forums for quite a while, fighting through the 2012-2013 application cycle. I'm also working on a statistics project and thought I would post the details here and explain a little about it.

I'm interested in how Admissions Committees evaluate LSAT scores, so I want to run a multiple regression analysis on the percent of LSAT variation that can be explained by three different variables. Two of these variables are quantitative (LSDAS GPA / Age) and one is categorical (primary occupation as student or employee).

Using this information, I'll analyze for co-linearity among the explanatory variables, as well as the satisfaction of other conditions that must be fulfilled for multiple regression analysis conclusions to be valid to my population of interest.

My population of interest for the research will be TLS members. However, this analysis will be somewhat limited because it depends on voluntary response data. I hope my report provides interesting information, and I will be happy to post it here once complete.

So, if you would like to participate, please post your information for:

LSAT Score (Most Recent if Multiple):
LSDAS GPA:
Primary Occupation (Student or Employee):

Thank you.

statslaw

New

Re: Multiple Regression Analysis for LSAT Scores

Post by statslaw » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:37 pm

If you're interested in participating, you can PM me your response and I will keep the information confidential.

Thank you to anyone who is willing to contribute. After I finish this analysis, I'm interested in adding study time as a quantitative variable. With that information, I could provide a general prediction interval equation for how a specific amount of additional study time is expected to help individuals improve their LSAT score. Obviously, it might not be a perfect representation, but I think it's information that everyone working through this might be able to benefit from.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”