LSAT Blog Logic Games Online Course Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lsataddict

New

LSAT Blog Logic Games Online Course

Post by lsataddict » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:21 am

We all know Steve Schwartz is an LSAT genius. LSAT Blog is one of the most helpful websites on the Internet when studying for this beast. The other day, I received an e-mail advertising Steve's new online video course on Logic Games. Here's more information:

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/on ... ourse.html

It's very affordable, and if it's anything like his free videos, it should also be very useful. I'm wondering if anyone has bought it yet and what they think. I'm seriously considering it because Logic Games is definitely my weakest area.

snapdragon25

Bronze

Re: LSAT Blog Logic Games Online Course

Post by snapdragon25 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:29 am

Also curious about this

lsataddict

New

Post by lsataddict » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:33 am

In a few days, the price of the course goes up to $99. So has anyone pulled the trigger on this course yet?

gijo

New

Post by gijo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:39 am

I bought it yesterday.

I am roughly 1/3 of the way through and I have to say it's awesome. I have had some ups and downs with logic games, thought I was getting it, realized that I was still missing a lot, and I have to say that his course is helping to fill out the gaps in my approach quite nicely.

It's on sale for $79 right now - regular price after March 15 (I think) will be $99. If you look at his free videos on his site (he's got tons [for free] where he walks you through every logic game from PT 29-68) that will give you an idea of the quality of the instruction.

Anyway, just thought I'd chime in. If you're a visual learner, it's a great way to go. I am not being compensated in any way for my referral - I just hope he gets a LR and RC online course up in time for the June LSAT.

BTW, there are 52 LG videos total in his online course, and I've already been through 17 of them over about 3 hours last night and this morning. My plan is to get a really good overview on the game types (and he walks you through quite a few games) and then drill, drill, drill on as many preptests as possible till this stuff becomes completely intuitive. There's no reason to be afraid of these games.

dp714

New

Post by dp714 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:56 pm

I just started prepping for the June exam and bought his day-to-day schedule, along with the video course. I saw his free videos and liked his approach so decided to get them. His methods seem a bit minimalistic (I don't mean that in a bad way at all) and appear to be the quick and dirty ways of solving the various types of games. So far, I feel they've been sufficient for my needs. I've been doing really well on pure sequencing and basic and advanced linear games using his methods. I'm expecting the more difficult game types to go just as well. I should mention, I've supplemented the videos with the LGB for more drill practice (using his diagramming, rather than Powerscore's because I find it more practical and efficient), and I've got MLSAT on the way, for the extra oomph that people seem to swear by. Overall, I recommend it for those starting out, or even far along with their prepping, if for nothing more than to learn those time saving tricks that might come in handy come test time. It goes without saying, just have the LGB or another similar text on hand also.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:04 am

Glad you guys are enjoying the course!

For those of you who haven't signed up, feel free to shoot me a PM or email if you have any questions about it.

operasinger7

New

Post by operasinger7 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:31 pm

I just bought the course and I started watching the videos, I have to say that this course is a great tool for LSAT prep.
The videos are engaging, and with the LSAT you need to stay interested. The funny thing with LSAT prep is that you don't actually have to study, you could just take the test. It's not like a paper in college where you have to do the research and write the paper. In college, if you don't turn in a paper, your professor will give you a hard time. At a job, if you don't turn in an assignment or finish your paper work, your boss will yell and could even fire you. With LSAT prep, nobody is on your case. My point is that in order to stick with the studying, the studying has to be interesting.
Kudos to Steve! He made a top quality course for bare minimum that keeps you on track. The course is broken up into small parts so it is easy to stop and come back, and even re-watch a session.
I watched most of the free videos with the logic games explanations, so I knew that the quality would be high.
Lsat.blog is in my opinion the biggest and best source for lsat materiel, articles, encouragement, and now for an actual course as well!!
Again thanks Steve and keep up the good work.
Jacob E. :wink:

tanes25

New

Post by tanes25 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:04 pm

I shouldve bought the darn thing when it was $79 but I didnt know how the reviews were going to be at that time. I'm just starting the 7 month study plan and I'm having problems with the linear games. They seem to be the most basic type but I'm having issues. I'm not completing my diagrams. I'm still getting the answers right though. I'm sure this is because I'm not timing myself now. I'm thinking an incomplete diagram will cost me when I take the test. For those who have bought the course, how is the instruction regarding the linear games? Well all of them actually.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with linear games.

Since you've just started the 7-month plan, I wouldn't worry too much at this point. It's not a big deal if your diagrams are not "complete." Improvements will come with time as you continue studying.

Don't worry about timing for now. Simply focus on accuracy.

I'll leave reviews to others, but if you have any questions for me, feel free to ask, either here or via email/PM.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

objection_your_honor

Silver

Post by objection_your_honor » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:42 pm

I'm not sure if this has been addressed, but the main thing that keeps me from using even the free videos is the illegible writing with the mouse. Any plans to get a Wacom or similar device?

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:41 pm

I'm sorry the handwriting has prevented you from using the free videos! This is the first time anyone's mentioned it to me as an issue, and there have been over 50,000 views of the free videos so far.

I actually am using a Wacom tablet to draw, and I am now moving to a stylus that gives me even better control over the handwriting. I use a mix of typing and drawing, and I say the letters out loud as I draw them. When I draw a lot of letters, I often erase them before moving forward and replace with typed letters to keep the diagrams concise and legible.

Additionally, my handwriting with the tablet has improved as I've used it more, so the videos from several months ago are not necessarily reflective of those I created most recently (PT68 and June 2007). I'd like to poll my readers right here, as I want my videos to be high quality. If there are specific videos that you have seen where you believe the handwriting needs improvement, please let me know. I will work on improving those videos with high response rates.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”