Logic Games approach.

Macalpinerules

Logic Games approach.

Postby Macalpinerules » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:33 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to the board and decided to make an account because I will be taking the June LSAT. Right now I'm using Powerscore material exclusively because my friend who previously took the exam kindly gave me his prep material. So far the Logical Reasoning bible has helped me improve (although not drastically); on the other hand, the Logic Games Bible has done less to help me. The concepts I'm getting from the LRB are not translating well when I sit to do a timed test. I hope this is all just a part of a transition period that will eventually get me to be more fluent with the techniques I'm learning.

So, with that out of the way. My first question is: What does it mean to brute force the logic games section?

kakistocracy

Re: Logic Games approach.

Postby kakistocracy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:39 pm

To test out each of the answer options one by one until you hit the right one.

tuffyjohnson

Postby tuffyjohnson » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:01 pm

Macalpinerules wrote:Hi everyone, I'm new to the board and decided to make an account because I will be taking the June LSAT. Right now I'm using Powerscore material exclusively because my friend who previously took the exam kindly gave me his prep material. So far the Logical Reasoning bible has helped me improve (although not drastically); on the other hand, the Logic Games Bible has done less to help me. The concepts I'm getting from the LRB are not translating well when I sit to do a timed test. I hope this is all just a part of a transition period that will eventually get me to be more fluent with the techniques I'm learning.

It took me almost 45-50 hours of serious study to be able to do 3 out of 4 games in an average LSAT and I still can't do 3 of 4 in under 35 minutes. My point is that it takes time and practice. The time you do put in needs to be focused to the point where it's stretching your mind to a new and difficult place. Don't expect to just read it through once and have the games nailed.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:02 am

Also, if you're looking for more materials, we're running a contest now for a free copy of our LG book. http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/posting.php?mode=1726 (bad link, offer dead) for details
Last edited by bp shinners on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snapdragon25

Postby snapdragon25 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:35 am

bp shinners wrote:Also, if you're looking for more materials, we're running a contest now for a free copy of our LG book. posting.php?mode=edit&f=6&t=204746&p=6521726 for details

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=204746

Fixed the link for ya

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”