What Practice tests to start with? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
LSATdecember2012man

New

What Practice tests to start with?

Post by LSATdecember2012man » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:08 pm

Which practice tests should I start from? I have the all 3 of the 10 LSAT games books and im assuming work from the earliest to latest?

KFV

New

Re: What Practice tests to start with?

Post by KFV » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:24 pm

Do you know how many practice tests you'll be doing total? Or at least approximately? I tried to time myself so that the final practice test I did was the most recent one. But I wouldn't recommend just working them all in order, because you're going to want to do some of the more recent ones earlier to get used to the dual passage RC sections. However, for the most part, you want to be working out the kinks with the earlier tests and using the later tests to gain an accurate idea of how things are going.

LSATdecember2012man

New

Post by LSATdecember2012man » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:27 pm

KFV wrote:Do you know how many practice tests you'll be doing total? Or at least approximately? I tried to time myself so that the final practice test I did was the most recent one. But I wouldn't recommend just working them all in order, because you're going to want to do some of the more recent ones earlier to get used to the dual passage RC sections. However, for the most part, you want to be working out the kinks with the earlier tests and using the later tests to gain an accurate idea of how things are going.
that's how i was planning to do it. I just hope the difference among earlier and more recent tests doesn't differ too much.

EDIT: and i would want to try all lol

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:35 pm

You are going to want/need some of the more recent tests.

I would consider purchasing the fourth "10" book, which has PT 52-61, and has the comparative RC.

That is going to be cheaper than purchasing individual tests. If you are taking June- you may want to figure out exactly how many timed PTs you will be able to take.

ETA: Use PTS 1-38 for section/type drilling and 39-68, June 07, and SP ABC for timed PTs. Or some variation thereof if you don't feel like hemorrhaging money on LSAT materials.

LSATdecember2012man

New

Post by LSATdecember2012man » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:39 pm

Would good performance on the earliest tests (like 17-29) be an accurate predictor on how well Ill do on the most recent tests?

I'm asking this because this is my strategy:
Do MLSAT book for one section, get good, do 10 tests (hopefully well), if do well, move to next section book and repeat

amuseboosh

New

Post by amuseboosh » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:04 pm

Not exactly because the test has changed a lot over the years, personally I felt the newer tests were easier than the older ones so that could be a good sign for you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”