West La school of law as a testing centre

natashka85

West La school of law as a testing centre

Postby natashka85 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:47 pm

Does anyone have experience w this testing centre,it will be my first time to take the LSAT there,so if any one of you knows anything about the table sizes or the number of people or proctors ,please comment on that

phillywc

Re: West La school of law as a testing centre

Postby phillywc » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:52 pm

nugnoy

Postby nugnoy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:03 am

took it there last october

It's a pretty good place. It was kinda chilly, not cold, warm, or completely neutral.

There's about ~50 people in a room iirc. Each room is roughly equal to a regular university classroom for discussions designed for 24~30 people. But since those discussions designed to accommodate 24~30 spaciously, it's not adversely crowded. It is slightly crowded to the point that when you're not doing anything important you are aware that the person next to you is a bit annoyingly close but spacious enough that when during the test you forget. There are multiple rooms though, so only speaking of that specific one I was in. The different rooms are probably similar, at least not too different.

The environment is clean and there is a good amount of space. There are actual tables and distinct chairs. There's enough space that I didn't worry about running out of room.

Parking was validated, and the parking lot is right next to the entrance.

I used the restroom once before the test, I did not have a problem (male).

The proctors did NOT let you use the restroom between the check-in and the test - which is unnecessarily restricted imo. They yelled at a girl for checking in and then going into the restroom. They wanted everyone to check in and directly go to the assigned room without anything else. The proctors were casual - all black, males and females, appeared 20~35 (pretty young). Mine kept time and announced 5 min warning with a digital phone. They were pretty polite, I didn't have a problem. Other people had problems when they wanted to go to the restroom at some various points during the test.

natashka85

Postby natashka85 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:33 am

nugnoy wrote:took it there last october

It's a pretty good place. It was kinda chilly, not cold, warm, or completely neutral.

There's about ~50 people in a room iirc. Each room is roughly equal to a regular university classroom for discussions designed for 24~30 people. But since those discussions designed to accommodate 24~30 spaciously, it's not adversely crowded. It is slightly crowded to the point that when you're not doing anything important you are aware that the person next to you is a bit annoyingly close but spacious enough that when during the test you forget. There are multiple rooms though, so only speaking of that specific one I was in. The different rooms are probably similar, at least not too different.

The environment is clean and there is a good amount of space. There are actual tables and distinct chairs. There's enough space that I didn't worry about running out of room.

Parking was validated, and the parking lot is right next to the entrance.

I used the restroom once before the test, I did not have a problem (male).

The proctors did NOT let you use the restroom between the check-in and the test - which is unnecessarily restricted imo. They yelled at a girl for checking in and then going into the restroom. They wanted everyone to check in and directly go to the assigned room without anything else. The proctors were casual - all black, males and females, appeared 20~35 (pretty young). Mine kept time and announced 5 min warning with a digital phone. They were pretty polite, I didn't have a problem. Other people had problems when they wanted to go to the restroom at some various points during the test.

Thanks.

RhymesLikeDimes

Postby RhymesLikeDimes » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:16 pm

I don't really get all the crazy precautions that LSAC takes at testing sites. As if bringing in a cheat sheet would do anything but slow you down and cause you to do worse than you otherwise would.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”