for those paranoid about the same letter choice repeating

itachiuchiha

for those paranoid about the same letter choice repeating

Postby itachiuchiha » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:53 pm

For those who are paranoid about the answer choice's letter being repeated 3+ times in a row. I find that it helps to circle the answer in the test booklet and transfer the answers to the answer sheet afterwards. You will forget what the correct answer to the last question was and it should reduce paranoia.

Fianna13

Re: for those paranoid about the same letter choice repeating

Postby Fianna13 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:18 pm

after getting tricked by my psych professor on a major test in which the answers switch from AAAAA to BBBBB etc. I pretty abandoned the whole paranoia of repeating letters. btw, in case you were wondering, our class average was 35 on that test. I bet he laughed his ass off

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:28 am

... It's far more efficient to bubble in blocks anyway, it's absurd to go back and forth from your test to your answer sheet for every single LR question. Not to mention, if you bubble in sections, its doesn't really make you more or less paranoid about bubbling four B's in a row, you're still bubbling them, you're still gonna notice it...

arcanecircle

Postby arcanecircle » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:50 am

I remember reading somewhere on LSATblog that the ACs aren't exactly arranged in random order. That is to say, if they were, there would have been more blocks of the same AC in a row.

Ah, here it is: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/sa ... -lsat.html

jrsbaseball5

Postby jrsbaseball5 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:56 am

Fianna13 wrote:after getting tricked by my psych professor on a major test in which the answers switch from AAAAA to BBBBB etc. I pretty abandoned the whole paranoia of repeating letters. btw, in case you were wondering, our class average was 35 on that test. I bet he laughed his ass off

That's just cruel

guano

Postby guano » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:12 am

jrsbaseball5 wrote:
Fianna13 wrote:after getting tricked by my psych professor on a major test in which the answers switch from AAAAA to BBBBB etc. I pretty abandoned the whole paranoia of repeating letters. btw, in case you were wondering, our class average was 35 on that test. I bet he laughed his ass off

That's just cruel

Not as bad as the median for the multiple choice on my property exam being 24 out of 50 (there were 10 questions on the rule against perpetuities)

Davidbentley

Postby Davidbentley » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:27 am

I once had a 30 question true/false mid term. 29 were true. I was shattered.

heythatslife

Postby heythatslife » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:30 am

Rule of thumb for repeating answer choices:
1. There's nothing to be alarmed about repeating 3 in a row.
2. 4 in a row is rare but has been known to occur a few times. If you have time remaining at the end and you feel unsure, double check your answers, but it does not automatically mean that something is amiss.
3. 5 in a row is definitely sketchy.

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:16 am

I had section on my feb lsat where I had something like 10 in a row of the same two answer choices, kindof like this... (but obviously at this point I don't remember exactly)

XXXZXZZXZZ

It sketched me out hardcore, and still does... but I checked all my answers and still thought they were right.... I guess I'll find out soon if my Feb score comes back miserable :(

Volunteer

Postby Volunteer » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:11 pm

OliveBC wrote:I had section on my feb lsat where I had something like 10 in a row of the same two answer choices, kindof like this... (but obviously at this point I don't remember exactly)

XXXZXZZXZZ

It sketched me out hardcore, and still does... but I checked all my answers and still thought they were right.... I guess I'll find out soon if my Feb score comes back miserable :(

I had this same situation and dreamed about it for days!

northwood

Postby northwood » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:14 pm

OliveBC wrote:I had section on my feb lsat where I had something like 10 in a row of the same two answer choices, kindof like this... (but obviously at this point I don't remember exactly)

XXXZXZZXZZ

im not sure the february test releases the correct responses, or which ones you got wrong

bogydog

Postby bogydog » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:17 pm

I don't worry too much about repeating answer choices either. Maybe if I've narrowed it down to 2 and nothing is pulling me either way I'll see if one letter hasn't been used in a while.

In high school, in one of my classes the teacher gave the first section of class a quiz with every answer being true, for the second section, every answer was false, and for his third section, as word was kind of spreading throughout the school, it was a mix like normal...

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:18 pm

northwood wrote:

XXXZXZZXZZ

im not sure the february test releases the correct responses, or which ones you got wrong

They don't :cry: but I felt really good about all the other sections so if I'm disappointed with my score I will probably be blaming it on this haha

racrfish

Postby racrfish » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:45 pm

On the December LSAT I had five in a row that were the same letter. I was immensely paranoid and checked them several times. Checked my answer sheet when I got my score, they were all correct.

So, don't worry about it.

OliveBC

Postby OliveBC » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:15 pm

racrfish wrote:On the December LSAT I had five in a row that were the same letter. I was immensely paranoid and checked them several times. Checked my answer sheet when I got my score, they were all correct.

So, don't worry about it.

Thanks for this :D Seriously makes me feel so much better

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”