Retake on a transcript?

10romeom
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:29 pm

Retake on a transcript?

Postby 10romeom » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:03 pm

I've managed to achieve almost straight a's through undergrad (a few b+s) with the exception to one glaring C- in a religion class from freshmen year. My gpa is about a 3.6, and getting rid if that class would make a serious difference. Is it worth putting a retake on my transcript to bring my gpa up?

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Retake on a transcript?

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:04 pm

10romeom wrote:I've managed to achieve almost straight a's through undergrad (a few b+s) with the exception to one glaring C- in a religion class from freshmen year. My gpa is about a 3.6, and getting rid if that class would make a serious difference. Is it worth putting a retake on my transcript to bring my gpa up?


LSAC will still count both but if it raises your GPA a bit, sure go for it.

10romeom
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:29 pm

Re: Retake on a transcript?

Postby 10romeom » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:11 pm

Will an R hurt me more than a C-?

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Retake on a transcript?

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:12 pm

Your school gives out Rs?

LSAC will count the C- and the retake grade, whatever it is.

10romeom
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:29 pm

Re: Retake on a transcript?

Postby 10romeom » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:19 pm

I believe they wipe the C- and replace it with just an R, and that is in addition to whatever you get the second time around. Kind of a stupid process

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Retake on a transcript?

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:28 pm

10romeom wrote:I believe they wipe the C- and replace it with just an R, and that is in addition to whatever you get the second time around. Kind of a stupid process


It won't matter. LSAC will still count the C-. My school had a similar policy and LSAC didn't care.

10romeom
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:29 pm

Re: Retake on a transcript?

Postby 10romeom » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:35 pm

So it would probably be best to just keep it the way it is?

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Retake on a transcript?

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:36 pm

10romeom wrote:So it would probably be best to just keep it the way it is?


No because an additional A on your transcript never hurts.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, Bing [Bot], Evelyn2016 and 3 guests