New Full Time Job- LSAT!

LSATobsessed

New Full Time Job- LSAT!

Postby LSATobsessed » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:18 pm

So i just quit my job where I was working 15 hours a week and I am going to be on break from school for the rest of the semester.
I am hoping to make LSAT studying my full time job until june

I am PT'ing around 153-157 and i would like to break at least a 165 by june.

Now that we are about around 100 days or so until the exam. Is it worth it to start reading books, or should I start killing some PTs.

How would you approach my situation in preparation for the June test?

objection_your_honor

Re: New Full Time Job- LSAT!

Postby objection_your_honor » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:08 pm

You should not take PTs frequently until you are confident in your approach to every question type (for LR) and game type (for LG).

Get the Manhattan LSAT bundle and go through each book. At the end of each chapter, drill the respective question/game types from PTs 1-40, focusing especially on 20-40. To go through both LG and LR this way will probably take you about a month. Use the last two months to PT regularly, drilling weak areas when appropriate.

This is a guide that covers this plan in more detail.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and you can probably get your 15 hour job back. Studying won't take 40+ hours a week. I think most people notice diminishing returns after 20-25.

eav1277

Postby eav1277 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:12 pm

The noodleyone guide...I recommend it also.

LSATobsessed

Postby LSATobsessed » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:18 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:You should not take PTs frequently until you are confident in your approach to every question type (for LR) and game type (for LG).

Get the Manhattan LSAT bundle and go through each book. At the end of each chapter, drill the respective question/game types from PTs 1-40, focusing especially on 20-40. To go through both LG and LR this way will probably take you about a month. Use the last two months to PT regularly, drilling weak areas when appropriate.

This is a guide that covers this plan in more detail.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and you can probably get your 15 hour job back. Studying won't take 40+ hours a week. I think most people notice diminishing returns after 20-25.

I live with my parents and honestly did not feel like working anymore so this is just an excuse. so shhhhhhh don't tell anybody :)

Thanks for your advice.
I will definitely drill a bit before PTing
My only worry is that I have 65 PTs and I will not get through all of them and reviewing them in 100 days

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:34 pm

You're probably right, but it's much better to fine-tune an accurate and lucid strategy over the course of 20-30 PTs than rush through 65.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”