test on saturday Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
fratstar

New

test on saturday

Post by fratstar » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:26 pm

I'm taking the lsat on saturday (nemo pushed back my test date) and I've been plugging through practice tests and finally got over my 164 hump a couple day's ago on prep test 62 with a 169. I'm scared it was a fluke though and am fighting the urge to take another test tmr. any thoughts?? I think I may risk burning out or possibly psyching myself out.

mg7

Bronze

Re: test on saturday

Post by mg7 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Don't take a PT the day before the test. Do a few drills if you must but let your brain rest and just relax. If you got a 169, you got a 169. Don't psych yourself out.

jackbauer10

Bronze

Post by jackbauer10 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:32 pm

mg7 wrote:Don't take a PT the day before the test. Do a few drills if you must but let your brain rest and just relax. If you got a 169, you got a 169. Don't psych yourself out.
+1. Better to go in feeling confident with your 169 than to take another, score in your 164ish range and then go in second guessing yourself . . . Just my two cents.

Good luck!

fratstar

New

Post by fratstar » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:53 pm

yeah I kind realized what you guys were saying is TCR I just wanted validation, thanks !

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:34 pm

Nothing to add, just want to wish you good luck! :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ws81086n

Bronze

Post by ws81086n » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:02 am

If you don't think you should or don't want to take a test, definitely don't, but it's not necessarily true that it's a bad idea. I started one 13 hours before the real thing, and I didn't feel the slightest bit fatigued the next day. As for a potential sub-169, sure, that could cause a confidence drop, but it doesn't have to. It's up to you whether it's a positive or negative. One other thing to bear in mind is that a PT the day before the test is liable to induce nerves, and nerves before and during a PT is good, because it better simulates the real deal. Again, do what you feel is best for yourself, but the common opinion that a PT or significant study the day before is invariably a bad thing is groundless. Best of luck to you!

ws81086n

Bronze

Post by ws81086n » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:14 pm

Wormfather wrote:
ws81086n wrote:If you don't think you should or don't want to take a test, definitely don't, but it's not necessarily true that it's a bad idea. I started one 13 hours before the real thing, and I didn't feel the slightest bit fatigued the next day. As for a potential sub-169, sure, that could cause a confidence drop, but it doesn't have to. It's up to you whether it's a positive or negative. One other thing to bear in mind is that a PT the day before the test is liable to induce nerves, and nerves before and during a PT is good, because it better simulates the real deal. Again, do what you feel is best for yourself, but the common opinion that a PT or significant study the day before is invariably a bad thing is groundless. Best of luck to you!

I wouldnt call it groundless, its grounded in anecdotal evidence. And yes anecdotes dont always stand up to scientific investigation, its still a far cry from groundless.

So the advice to OP is thus: based on the experiences of some of your fellow TLSers, PTing the day before can wreck your confidence, another subset saw no ill effects. If you think you might be prone to letting a bad PT wreck your confidence, you probably shouldnt risk a PT today. Or maybe do a PT but dont score it.
Haha. Fair enough on "groundless", though in common speech it's often synonymous with "unreasonable" and we're not doing an LR question here. If OP does a PT, I would recommend s/he score it. Not sure how that could be avoided anyway--would require enormous discipline.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”