Do you map in your head?

itachiuchiha

Do you map in your head?

Postby itachiuchiha » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:22 pm

I am trying to get faster at parallel reasoning questions. I am trying to get faster, but I always find myself mapping and sometimes wasting time.

Any recommendations?

Typhoon24

Re: Do you map in your head?

Postby Typhoon24 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:36 pm

depends on the stimulus. If the passage is easy to follow, there's no need to map anything. Just be sensitive to its structure above all else and to impactful words like "some" , "none", and "all" because you'll need to look for them or their synonyms again in the answer choices.

I almost never map, and when I do, it's always just a little causation line thingy if things get too complex. Also, I recommend that you attack each parallel question with a bit more vigor than you otherwise would all the other questions (generally, it'd be nice if you could do this for all questions, but most people lack the mental fortitude) and try and find the answer in less than 1 min 15 seconds as if your life depended on it.

itachiuchiha

Re: Do you map in your head?

Postby itachiuchiha » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:40 pm

Typhoon24 wrote:depends on the stimulus. If the passage is easy to follow, there's no need to map anything. Just be sensitive to its structure above all else and to impactful words like "some" , "none", and "all" because you'll need to look for them or their synonyms again in the answer choices.

I almost never map, and when I do, it's always just a little causation line thingy if things get too complex. Also, I recommend that you attack each parallel question with a bit more vigor than you otherwise would all the other questions (generally, it'd be nice if you could do this for all questions, but most people lack the mental fortitude) and try and find the answer in less than 1 min 15 seconds as if your life depended on it.

I guess you got a good intuition. This is really something I got to work on

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”