Manhattan LSAT Prep (MLSAT) Self-Study

oliviann

Manhattan LSAT Prep (MLSAT) Self-Study

Postby oliviann » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:53 pm

Hi there,
I decided on self-studying for the LSAT. I looked into Velocity and 7sage but decided I'd prefer the Manhattan LSAT Prep books to prepare. $60 for all 3 books on Amazon and I plan to spend the rest on practice tests and stimulants.
I am starting out at a 150 and this is my first time preparing to take the LSAT. Is the MLSAT an appropriate way to begin prepping for the LSAT for a first-timer? I read a review that said Powerscore is more effective for those not in the 160 range already.
Thanks!

jym_dawg

Re: Manhattan LSAT Prep (MLSAT) Self-Study

Postby jym_dawg » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:16 am

I'd swear by Manhatten and thought it alone was sufficient, but many recommend trying out multiple books and seeing which one(s) work best for you. Probably a good idea for you

mindarmed

Postby mindarmed » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:16 am

search function

oliviann

Postby oliviann » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:43 am

^ I can't seem to find anything on first timers using the MLSAT books and liking them or doing well. Could you link me? I found one about the $450 study program they have online though which I'm not planning on using.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:29 am

oliviann wrote:and I plan to spend the rest on practice tests and stimulants.

Caffeine? :D

mindarmed

Postby mindarmed » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:07 pm

yes OP manhattan is good for anyone, it's the best self study method out right now.

oliviann

Postby oliviann » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:43 pm

Okay, thank you!
Oh I'm sorry when I said stimulants I thought that term was used those to refer to practice tests that have answers to them posted for some reason. I am ignorant of LSAT terminology so I was mistaken!
Thank you for the feedback. :)

Beercules

Postby Beercules » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:35 pm

oliviann wrote:Okay, thank you!
Oh I'm sorry when I said stimulants I thought that term was used those to refer to practice tests that have answers to them posted for some reason. I am ignorant of LSAT terminology so I was mistaken!
Thank you for the feedback. :)

Oh my...

I'm on the Manhattan self-study grind. Seems like the most efficient method out there right now. The only thing that worries me is the lack of PTs in the program - only six spread out over the twelve (or so) weeks.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:02 pm

Beercules wrote:
Oh my...

I'm on the Manhattan self-study grind. Seems like the most efficient method out there right now. The only thing that worries me is the lack of PTs in the program - only six spread out over the twelve (or so) weeks.

Welcome to our grind.

We definitely want you to take a lot of PTs (thus we give you all 68). Of course, you're welcome to add in more PTs early on, but if you can hold off on the big PT push until you're at about session #9 or so, that's ideal. Best to first focus on learning strategies before piling on the tests--that way the tests are practice of those strategies instead of multi-hour sessions reinforcing panicky semi-strategies.

In case folks are reading this thinking about doing our program, tomorrow we switch to LSAT Interact, our interactive video self-study course! Beercules, I'll be interested to hear what you think of the lessons.

Beercules

Postby Beercules » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:20 am

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:
Beercules wrote:
Oh my...

Welcome to our grind.

We definitely want you to take a lot of PTs (thus we give you all 68). Of course, you're welcome to add in more PTs early on, but if you can hold off on the big PT push until you're at about session #9 or so, that's ideal. Best to first focus on learning strategies before piling on the tests--that way the tests are practice of those strategies instead of multi-hour sessions reinforcing panicky semi-strategies.

In case folks are reading this thinking about doing our program, tomorrow we switch to LSAT Interact, our interactive video self-study course! Beercules, I'll be interested to hear what you think of the lessons.

Appreciate the insight on the session 9 and beyond strategy for PTs. Excited to see how the interactive lessons work!

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:52 am

Beercules wrote:Appreciate the insight on the session 9 and beyond strategy for PTs. Excited to see how the interactive lessons work!

We've already started loading them into the student center. For now, they're under Beta LSAT Tutor, but soon you'll see your tab structure change.

Edit: it's up! http://www.manhattanlsat.com/lsat-self-study.cfm

crestor

Postby crestor » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:23 pm

"stimulants" ftw

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”