Yes
42%
No
58%

Total votes: 12

ohnoohnoohno

Should I cancel?

Postby ohnoohnoohno » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:28 pm

Already applied and been admitted to T-14 schools. Retook the LSAT in Feb. to see if I could score some extra $$$. Ended up bombing 1 of 3 LR sections and unless its the experimental one, did much worse than first score. Wondering how worse this new score would have to be to affect the rest of my cycle (waiting on admission decision from some schools still and scholly offers from all T-14).

Reasons not to cancel:
- tiny chance I did better
- too late - due tomorrow
- won't help as cancel=worse score

Reasons to cancel:
- will hurt incoming scholly offers/ability to negotiate/rest of decisions

star fox

Re: Should I cancel?

Postby star fox » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:32 pm

Where are you applying? I think harvard, yale, stanford, columbia will actually care about all your scores but that every other place only cares about your highest score (after all, that's all they report and at the end of the day that's all that really matters) so unless you're waiting on those schools I think you're better off keeping your score. You never know. Were you unable to finish the section and ended up blind guessing the last 8 questions or do you just think you got a lot of questions wrong? If it's the latter it could just be a pessimism bias (you remember the questions you didn't know but forget all the ones you easily got correct).

ohnoohnoohno

Postby ohnoohnoohno » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Lower T-14. Combination of running out of time and just bad performance. blind guessed last 4.

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:42 pm

Check the February waiting thread to see what consensus is on the experimental sections.

bruin91

Postby bruin91 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:57 am

Did you have LR (26)- RC- LR(25)- LR(26)- LG????

Was your really difficult one the first LR? If so, I'm in a similar predicament. I don't know whether I should cancel. I did well on four of the five sections, and terrible on the first, blind guessed the last 5, and had difficulty getting through it. That was the very first section.

Any one know what the consensus was?

Ambitious1

Postby Ambitious1 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:06 pm

bruin91 wrote:Did you have LR (26)- RC- LR(25)- LR(26)- LG????

Was your really difficult one the first LR? If so, I'm in a similar predicament. I don't know whether I should cancel. I did well on four of the five sections, and terrible on the first, blind guessed the last 5, and had difficulty getting through it. That was the very first section.

Any one know what the consensus was?

I had the same problem with LR#1.

Poo-T

Postby Poo-T » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:57 pm

Many people may disagree with me, but I think that if you felt worse, you probably did worse. That was definitely true for me.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”